Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet insurance

Default Pet insurance

Hi everyone!

What is the best/cheapest insurance, I have 4 bunnies!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You pay for what you get with insurance.

A cheaper policy may look good, but often they don't pay full amounts (e.g. they'll only part pay a hospitalisation fee, anything they don't pay is left to you to pay).

Petplan is the highest rated insurance, but they do cost more than some.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Wooden indoor guinea pig / rabbit cage for sale in Cambridge : https://www.gumtree.com/p/pet-equipm...ils/1238281073

That is very true, I've just seen one called helpucover, not too sure on it though!

Quote Originally Posted by Hills View Post
    That is very true, I've just seen one called helpucover, not too sure on it though!

I know some members use this company. I've never personally dealt with them, and I've only skimmed their cover and small print. Generally seems okay but double check dental cover, and gut stasis cover - Petplan do cover both these things in full as I have to routinely claim dental treatment and I've had to claim stasis too.

Double check who your vets will deal with directly too. Some vets won't deal with certain companies when making a direct claim so if you were to have a bill of say 800 could you afford to pay upfront and claim back?
    Petplan is generally always dealt with directly through the vets for large sums.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Wooden indoor guinea pig / rabbit cage for sale in Cambridge : https://www.gumtree.com/p/pet-equipm...ils/1238281073

Hi everyone!

Thanks

Hi Hills

I'm not avoiding your question, but there have been *many* threads on insurance and the pros and cons.
    Put 'insurance' into the forum search engine - you should find a few.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ight=insurance

Warren Veteran

I have Petplan and have a small discount for "multiple" buns, so you should get a bigger one with 4 bunnies.

I would recommend them as I have claimed quite a lot for repeat illnesses and never once had a problem with them paying up.

My girls Coco and Thumper (respectively)

Thank you !!

I use Pets At Home insurance - they are cheaper than Petplan but don't pay out quite as much each year (only up to 1500) and their excess is higher.

BUT - they have always paid out for my claims - which have mostly been for Gut Stasis.

I know that Dental treatment is covered as well as long as the rabbit gets regular dental check ups.

Hi everyone!

Thanks

Did you come to a conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Fellie View Post
    I use Pets At Home insurance - they are cheaper than Petplan but don't pay out quite as much each year (only up to 1500) and their excess is higher.

BUT - they have always paid out for my claims - which have mostly been for Gut Stasis.

I know that Dental treatment is covered as well as long as the rabbit gets regular dental check ups.
    This cover from Pets at Home is no longer available, they've been bought out by Petplan and the higher premiums and the 2k cover now are the policies available. Those of us with the old policies are very lucky.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)