Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: pixie and daisy have fell out UD IVE FOUND BABIES

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    Brilliant ideas. The heavy moult would make tons of sense because the amount of the fur everywhere, Bella hasnt been outside yet but i suppose i could be a delayed reaction to bleu with springfever being around. Im dreading rebonding, seeing how violent it got this morning lol.. I hope it is just spring fever or i guess i will be making another aviary to add on to the greenhouse lol..
    Although Bella hasn't been outside yet if you are going out to pixie and Daisy after being with Bella they might be able to smell her. I remember a member on here once having buns around at her house on holiday and even though her buns couldn't see the visitors, the smell of them on her caused them to have a tiff. She moved them further away and fed the visitors last and things calmed down

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe

I didnt even think about them smelling her. Fingers crossed this is just a phase and i can get them rebonded when they are both spayed. Thankyou everyone for the ideas. xx

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    If it doesn't, you'll have to swap a bun each

Only joking!!

Mama Doe

I thought i would give the shed an aviary a good clean out to dampen down daisies smell. The cat carrier that pixie and daisy came in is on one of the shelves in the shed and i had put some straw in for a bed for them. Come to clean the carrier out and found a nest of 5 babies right at the back of the carrier. I have been it a right flap all day trying to find out whos babies they are, i think they are pixies but not 100% sure. I am thinking they can only be bleus babies since he is the only un-neutered male (4 wks ago), but nobody in the house is owning up to letting him meet pixie and daisy. They have come from somewhere though and they are both 100% girls thats the 1st thing i checked. Is if possible that both could have had babies in the same nest. If bleu has been with 1 of them he could have been with them both. Im so mad right now, and panicing too, incase i have took the mum away from them. They look around 4-5 days old, they have colouring but eyes are firmly shut.

I thought i would give the shed an aviary a good clean out to dampen down daisies smell. The cat carrier that pixie and daisy came in is on one of the shelves in the shed and i had put some straw in for a bed for them. Come to clean the carrier out and found a nest of 5 babies right at the back of the carrier. I have been it a right flap all day trying to find out whos babies they are, i think they are pixies but not 100% sure. I am thinking they can only be bleus babies since he is the only un-neutered male (4 wks ago), but nobody in the house is owning up to letting him meet pixie and daisy. They have come from somewhere though and they are both 100% girls thats the 1st thing i checked. Is if possible that both could have had babies in the same nest. If bleu has been with 1 of them he could have been with them both. Im so mad right now, and panicing too, incase i have took the mum away from them. They look around 4-5 days old, they have colouring but eyes are firmly shut.

Wow WS, you seem to have an ever expanding bunny family

So if they are Bleu's babies, that would explain the bust up between Pixie and Daisy?

But yes, how to find out who's babies they are. I am thinking that the mum would look different underneath and have swollen nipples? Worth looking at both girls to see if there's any evidence of that or fur pulling from dewlap etc.

http://rabbit.org/domestic-baby-bunnies-and-their-mom/

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...king-on-Babies

I guess you could also risk putting Pixie and Daisy in with the babies and see who goes to feed them? The non-mother shouldn't care about the babies

Good luck
    Last edited by MightyMax; 07-03-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Wise Old Thumper

Oh dear..........

Well first off this thread may be useful to read

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...king-on-Babies

The Doe who has kindled will be lactating, so you could check for that to try to establish who's Kits they are

Can you offer Rosie and Lucy a Forever Home, they have been waiting for so long ? The girls are beautiful, Rosie has a bit of 'Hare' about her and Lucy has a little mane and tufty bum fluff !.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...r-home-(Essex)

Wise Old Thumper

Sorry but I have to chuckle as this is so typical of rabbits. They create so much panic and stress at times, thankfully not all the time! Good luck! Just a thought - it's usually the dominant doe which has the babies.

Mama Doe

Pixie looks fuller than daisy around the breasts but its not overly noticable at all. Ive been going from one bun to the other comparing. Its nothing like when squiggles had babies, she was full with milk. If the babies are around 4 days would she get full looking with milk. I have done some reading and 5 babies from a netherland dwarf seems like a lot, plus Bleu is a french lop so how she has survived i do not know. Pixie is wanting loads more food so i thought this might also be i sign she is the mum.

Wise Old Thumper

5 is possible - is Pixie the dominant one?

Because Pixie was the one really attacking in the first place, I would ere more on the side of Pixie being the mother.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Suzuki SV650S for sale ; 16647 miles ; 2012 plate ; full service 200 miles ago ; new tires put on 1600 miles ago ; selling due to health problems ; full ad here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/suzuki-mot...mot/1225750811