• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pixie and daisy have fell out UD IVE FOUND BABIES

Pixie and daisy the little nethies have been have squabbles for days but today was horrendous. Pixie is properly attacking daisy and the aviary and shed is full of fur. I had put off spaying them both and got bleu neutered first, thinking that they have been bonded apparently since they were 8 weeks and they are around 18 months now. Well all hell as broke loose over something and me and OH have spent all day converting the cold frame greenhouse into a bun shed for her so pixie doesnt kill her. Its not ideal but we have fully meshed around the frame and made a door and ive been and bought an off cut of lino for it. Cant believe this is happening. Up until 4 days ago they were fine, pixie always being the bossy one anyway. Im hoping some time to calm down and miss each others company will do the trick, and in the meantime get the spayed as soon as possible.
DSCN1354_zps3nxfk9xm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1355_zpsufisksle.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1356_zpsod8273v2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Pixie and daisy the little nethies have been have squabbles for days but today was horrendous. Pixie is properly attacking daisy and the aviary and shed is full of fur. I had put off spaying them both and got bleu neutered first, thinking that they have been bonded apparently since they were 8 weeks and they are around 18 months now. Well all hell as broke loose over something and me and OH have spent all day converting the cold frame greenhouse into a bun shed for her so pixie doesnt kill her. Its not ideal but we have fully meshed around the frame and made a door and ive been and bought an off cut of lino for it. Cant believe this is happening. Up until 4 days ago they were fine, pixie always being the bossy one anyway. Im hoping some time to calm down and miss each others company will do the trick, and in the meantime get the spayed as soon as possible.
DSCN1354_zps3nxfk9xm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1355_zpsufisksle.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN1356_zpsod8273v2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh WS you don't need this :(

So sorry. Is Daisy OK?

It means finding resources to spay the both. Hope that's possible for you x

I'm sorry to read this :( I really hope that after they have been spayed they will re-bond easily.

Daisy is fine apart from some bald patches, luckily she hasnt broken any skin. I will be able to get them both done in 2 weeks so its not too bad. Its just a shame its happened. xxxxxxxxxxx

Daisy is fine apart from some bald patches, luckily she hasnt broken any skin. I will be able to get them both done in 2 weeks so its not too bad. Its just a shame its happened. xxxxxxxxxxx

And it means another 'bonding session' for you <sigh> Like you don't have enough to do.

But girls will be girls, and hopefully they will get back together again xxxx

oh dear, my two have had a falling out recently too, it's horrible isn't it? Bizarrely they had a falling out on exactly the same date last year :roll:
I think it's a combination of a heavy moult, making one of them grumpy as it led to GI stasis, and springtime.

Hope everything settles down with your girls.

oh dear, my two have had a falling out recently too, it's horrible isn't it? Bizarrely they had a falling out on exactly the same date last year :roll:
I think it's a combination of a heavy moult, making one of them grumpy as it led to GI stasis, and springtime.

Hope everything settles down with your girls.

If it doesn't, you'll have to swap a bun each :lol:

Only joking!!

Oh dear :cry: could be spring fever. Or referred aggression if they can smell new bunnies.

Brilliant ideas. The heavy moult would make tons of sense because the amount of the fur everywhere, Bella hasnt been outside yet but i suppose i could be a delayed reaction to bleu with springfever being around. Im dreading rebonding, seeing how violent it got this morning lol.. I hope it is just spring fever or i guess i will be making another aviary to add on to the greenhouse lol..

Brilliant ideas. The heavy moult would make tons of sense because the amount of the fur everywhere, Bella hasnt been outside yet but i suppose i could be a delayed reaction to bleu with springfever being around. Im dreading rebonding, seeing how violent it got this morning lol.. I hope it is just spring fever or i guess i will be making another aviary to add on to the greenhouse lol..

Although Bella hasn't been outside yet if you are going out to pixie and Daisy after being with Bella they might be able to smell her. I remember a member on here once having buns around at her house on holiday and even though her buns couldn't see the visitors, the smell of them on her caused them to have a tiff. She moved them further away and fed the visitors last and things calmed down :thumb:

I didnt even think about them smelling her. Fingers crossed this is just a phase and i can get them rebonded when they are both spayed. Thankyou everyone for the ideas. xx

I thought i would give the shed an aviary a good clean out to dampen down daisies smell. The cat carrier that pixie and daisy came in is on one of the shelves in the shed and i had put some straw in for a bed for them. Come to clean the carrier out and found a nest of 5 babies right at the back of the carrier. I have been it a right flap all day trying to find out whos babies they are, i think they are pixies but not 100% sure. I am thinking they can only be bleus babies since he is the only un-neutered male (4 wks ago), but nobody in the house is owning up to letting him meet pixie and daisy. They have come from somewhere though and they are both 100% girls thats the 1st thing i checked. Is if possible that both could have had babies in the same nest. If bleu has been with 1 of them he could have been with them both. Im so mad right now, and panicing too, incase i have took the mum away from them. They look around 4-5 days old, they have colouring but eyes are firmly shut.

I thought i would give the shed an aviary a good clean out to dampen down daisies smell. The cat carrier that pixie and daisy came in is on one of the shelves in the shed and i had put some straw in for a bed for them. Come to clean the carrier out and found a nest of 5 babies right at the back of the carrier. I have been it a right flap all day trying to find out whos babies they are, i think they are pixies but not 100% sure. I am thinking they can only be bleus babies since he is the only un-neutered male (4 wks ago), but nobody in the house is owning up to letting him meet pixie and daisy. They have come from somewhere though and they are both 100% girls thats the 1st thing i checked. Is if possible that both could have had babies in the same nest. If bleu has been with 1 of them he could have been with them both. Im so mad right now, and panicing too, incase i have took the mum away from them. They look around 4-5 days old, they have colouring but eyes are firmly shut.

Wow WS, you seem to have an ever expanding bunny family :shock:

So if they are Bleu's babies, that would explain the bust up between Pixie and Daisy?

But yes, how to find out who's babies they are. I am thinking that the mum would look different underneath and have swollen nipples? Worth looking at both girls to see if there's any evidence of that or fur pulling from dewlap etc.

http://rabbit.org/domestic-baby-bunnies-and-their-mom/

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327923-Accidental-Litters-and-Taking-on-Babies

I guess you could also risk putting Pixie and Daisy in with the babies and see who goes to feed them? The non-mother shouldn't care about the babies

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Oh dear..........

Well first off this thread may be useful to read

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327923-Accidental-Litters-and-Taking-on-Babies

The Doe who has kindled will be lactating, so you could check for that to try to establish who's Kits they are

Sorry but I have to chuckle as this is so typical of rabbits. They create so much panic and stress at times, thankfully not all the time! Good luck! Just a thought - it's usually the dominant doe which has the babies.

Pixie looks fuller than daisy around the breasts but its not overly noticable at all. Ive been going from one bun to the other comparing. Its nothing like when squiggles had babies, she was full with milk. If the babies are around 4 days would she get full looking with milk. I have done some reading and 5 babies from a netherland dwarf seems like a lot, plus Bleu is a french lop so how she has survived i do not know. Pixie is wanting loads more food so i thought this might also be i sign she is the mum.

Because Pixie was the one really attacking in the first place, I would ere more on the side of Pixie being the mother.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Back