Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: pixie and daisy have fell out UD IVE FOUND BABIES

Mama Doe

Default pixie and daisy have fell out UD IVE FOUND BABIES

Pixie and daisy the little nethies have been have squabbles for days but today was horrendous. Pixie is properly attacking daisy and the aviary and shed is full of fur. I had put off spaying them both and got bleu neutered first, thinking that they have been bonded apparently since they were 8 weeks and they are around 18 months now. Well all hell as broke loose over something and me and OH have spent all day converting the cold frame greenhouse into a bun shed for her so pixie doesnt kill her. Its not ideal but we have fully meshed around the frame and made a door and ive been and bought an off cut of lino for it. Cant believe this is happening. Up until 4 days ago they were fine, pixie always being the bossy one anyway. Im hoping some time to calm down and miss each others company will do the trick, and in the meantime get the spayed as soon as possible.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by willow and squiggles; 07-03-2017 at 03:09 PM. Reason: update

Wise Old Thumper

How awful. I hope that by spaying them asap you can re-bond them.

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    Pixie and daisy the little nethies have been have squabbles for days but today was horrendous. Pixie is properly attacking daisy and the aviary and shed is full of fur. I had put off spaying them both and got bleu neutered first, thinking that they have been bonded apparently since they were 8 weeks and they are around 18 months now. Well all hell as broke loose over something and me and OH have spent all day converting the cold frame greenhouse into a bun shed for her so pixie doesnt kill her. Its not ideal but we have fully meshed around the frame and made a door and ive been and bought an off cut of lino for it. Cant believe this is happening. Up until 4 days ago they were fine, pixie always being the bossy one anyway. Im hoping some time to calm down and miss each others company will do the trick, and in the meantime get the spayed as soon as possible.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Oh WS you don't need this

So sorry. Is Daisy OK?

It means finding resources to spay the both. Hope that's possible for you x

Warren Veteran

I'm sorry to read this I really hope that after they have been spayed they will re-bond easily.

Mama Doe

Daisy is fine apart from some bald patches, luckily she hasnt broken any skin. I will be able to get them both done in 2 weeks so its not too bad. Its just a shame its happened. xxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by willow and squiggles View Post
    Daisy is fine apart from some bald patches, luckily she hasnt broken any skin. I will be able to get them both done in 2 weeks so its not too bad. Its just a shame its happened. xxxxxxxxxxx

And it means another 'bonding session' for you <sigh> Like you don't have enough to do.

But girls will be girls, and hopefully they will get back together again xxxx

oh dear, my two have had a falling out recently too, it's horrible isn't it? Bizarrely they had a falling out on exactly the same date last year
    I think it's a combination of a heavy moult, making one of them grumpy as it led to GI stasis, and springtime.

Hope everything settles down with your girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahbun View Post
    oh dear, my two have had a falling out recently too, it's horrible isn't it? Bizarrely they had a falling out on exactly the same date last year
    I think it's a combination of a heavy moult, making one of them grumpy as it led to GI stasis, and springtime.

Hope everything settles down with your girls.

If it doesn't, you'll have to swap a bun each

Only joking!!

Oh dear could be spring fever. Or referred aggression if they can smell new bunnies.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Mama Doe

Brilliant ideas. The heavy moult would make tons of sense because the amount of the fur everywhere, Bella hasnt been outside yet but i suppose i could be a delayed reaction to bleu with springfever being around. Im dreading rebonding, seeing how violent it got this morning lol.. I hope it is just spring fever or i guess i will be making another aviary to add on to the greenhouse lol..