• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello from Maria & Blossom

MariaB

New Kit
:wave:

Hello, I am a 1st time bunny owner & adore my furry baby so much.

Blossom is 6 months old & has recently been spayed (worst 48 hours of my life!!). Blossom is such an affectionate, funny, happy character (she buzzes like a bee when she's around me) but I read that they are better in pairs.

Am I cruel to keep her without another bunny?

Sorry if it a silly question but I want to make her as happy as I can.

Thank you so much.

Welcome Maria :wave:

Rabbits certainly love having a rabbit friend around. Once you've seen them together you'll see why. They snuggle constantly, play and bounce around together and generally gravitate to be together :love:

But not everyone can have more than one rabbit, so please don't feel bad if that's your situation at the moment :)

Welcome to the Forum. I think, unless you're home all day, it is nice for a bunny to have company. Having a friend is the best thing you can do for your bunny unless like Mighty Max says you can't do this at the moment. A neutered male would be the best option. Female rabbits get quite territorial so you would have to introduce them in an area your female isn't familiar with.

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome & valued advice, much appreciated - I'm now on the look out for neutered male friend for Blossom!

Thank you so much again & have a nice evening :D

Welcome to RU well now she Is neutered searching for a rescue partner shouldn't be to much of a problem, good luck

Back