Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask for positive vibes for Dash-U/D 09/22

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Hopefully his recovery will continue. Re future meds, if you can find a Vet who will prescribe Cisipride this may be more beneficial to Dash than just Metoclopramide (which only works on the upper GI tract) given that his GI tract issues are hind gut related

http://www.medirabbit.com/Safe_medic.../cisapride.htm
    Thanks for the reminder Jane. I always forget what section of the digestive tract is effected by Metoclopramide.
    I had Cisapride years ago before they stopped manufacturing it in the US. At one time you could get it compounded through the specialty pharmacy, but when I tried a couple years ago it was not even available through them. I'll call the compounder tomorrow to see if they would be able to get components now since some items go in and out of manufacture. If it is something I can get made, I will call my vet when he returns on Wednesday and have a script sent to the compounder. If not, I will need to research if it is available in Canada where many people in the US are having their human prescriptions filled for cost reasons-and how I can do the same for a pet.

Dash is still weaker than usual. He feels like he lost a lot of weight but it could just be that his gut is so empty. It even feels like he as extra loose skin/fur hanging down near his belly. Now I hope he does not have any permanent damage or tears in his system from having his guts so distended.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Thank you for posting and I'm sending further vibes for Dash. I was so encouraged to read this and I hope his recovery continues xx
    I appreciate the extra positive vibes and will be monitoring him every couple hours (day and night) until I am sure he has no GI damage due to his being so full of poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackers View Post
    I'm very glad to hear that Dash is improving. Fingers crossed that he's soon back to his old self very, very soon.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    Your troubles with finding a vet OOH sounds much like what I had to deal with in Alaska. My vet that works all week is great, but they have no night call and the ER vet there is rubbish. Medications often have to be compounded by the local pharmacy there.
    Even here in the 48 no vet works all week. There is no emergency number to call or doctor who will see you after closing. I have to travel about the same distance to the next town to get seen at all on weekends and Sundays are closed.

I empathize so much with you on how ill Dash was and how delightfully surprising his turnaround has been. You are an awesome bunny parent to pull him through this on your own as you have done. You could help take care of my two bunnies anytime!
    Mega vibes on the way for Dash to make a complete and swift recovery and I hope you can find out what the triggers are for setting off his gut problems. I've found that a few of my bunnies can't eat certain things or it practically stops their digestion. We avoid these things and they do well. I know with a bunny who has a defect though it can be very tough to find a perfect fit for them. I hope a solution presents itself for you soon. xxxx
    Now that I know that emergency care will be a few hours away, it is even more important that I have some additional meds at home to deal with future issues for Dash or my other five bunnies.
    Some meds like have a good shelf life, as do fluids; others like oral baytril only last in the refrigerator for several weeks. I will see if my regular vet, who is only working part time following his own health situation, will trust me and prescribe some emergency meds even if I need to get them as pills and divide them into crazy small pieces. Years ago I had injectable Baytril which needed to either be diluted before injecting sub Q or given IM (which I find challenging on dwarf rabbit) to avoid burning. In the past I always get the bunny to see the vet asap for a follow up even if the emergency passes.

Topping up the vibes for you and Dash x

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Sending lots of vibes for Dash and his continued recovery. He's very lucky to have you looking after him.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Warren Veteran

Sending more vibes for Dash.

Thank you. He has made a lot of progress yet I am afraid to get my hopes too high until I am sure all of the pressure on the walls of his digestive system did not cause any damage.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Thank you. He has made a lot of progress yet I am afraid to get my hopes too high until I am sure all of the pressure on the walls of his digestive system did not cause any damage.
    I am pleased to hear that he is doing a lot better, still sending lots more vibes for him xx

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post
    Sending lots of vibes for Dash and his continued recovery. He's very lucky to have you looking after him.
    Thank you. Today he got to visit his littermate, Evan, for a short time until Dash decided he needed to rest and Evan wanted to play leap frog with his brother.