Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask for positive vibes for Dash-U/D 09/22

Lots of vibes for Dash and hugs for you xxx

Sending tons of vibes for Dash, I hope he'll be ok xx

Rest in Peace my little Honey-Pie, I will love and miss you forever sweetheart xxxxxxxxxxx

Warren Veteran

Sending lots of vibes for Dash.

Wise Old Thumper

Is Dash doing better now ?

I want to thank each of you for your support of me and Dash. The positive vibes are helping us both. I did get a little rest late this afternoon after I medicated Dash and made sure he was stable.

It is hard to believe that24 hours ago I was expecting Dash to be gone before morning and now he is so improved.
    He is still weak from his ordeal yet is peeing, drinking, pooing, and begging for more dandelion greens. I am reluctant to give him more greens because he already ate several times his normal amount and I want him to return to his regular amount of hay. I'll continue to give him meds and sub Q fluids until I am sure he is normal. I already cleaned his litter area three times in 24 hours due to quantity of poo and to better monitor his output.

Dash's tummy and hindquarters are substantially smaller than yesterday so I am now hoping there is no permanent damage to his intestines or cecum due to their being so distended yesterday.???
    Once he recovers, I will have to decide what I have to do differently in the future to keep this from happening again or to catch it even sooner.

My pharmacy almost did not fill the metrocloprimide script even after the vet spoke directly to a pharmacist. It seem they did not record the strength of the drug when they took the call and it also did not register with them that it was an injectable. I learned this when I called about noon to make sure the script was ready before I left to pick it up. I got a bit sassy why they did not ask this information when the vet was on the phone and before the vet closed for the day. They agreed to fill the same injectable strength they filled in the past.

Even and Dash are looking at each other even though they are separate. I plan on keeping them apart until Dash regains his strength and I don't need to monitor Dash's input/output as closely.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 05-03-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Hope he continues to improve, sound like he's doing somewhat better today. It must be so stressful to be unable to get a vet to see you. Hugs xx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    I want to thank each of you for your support of me and Dash. The positive vibes are helping us both. I did get a little rest late this afternoon after I medicated Dash and made sure he was stable.

It is hard to believe that24 hours ago I was expecting Dash to be gone before morning and now he is so improved.
    He is still weak from his ordeal yet is peeing, drinking, pooing, and begging for more dandelion greens. I am reluctant to give him more greens because he already ate several times his normal amount and I want him to return to his regular amount of hay. I'll continue to give him meds and sub Q fluids until I am sure he is normal. I already cleaned his litter area three times in 24 hours due to quantity of poo and to better monitor his output.

Dash's tummy and hindquarters are substantially smaller than yesterday so I am now hoping there is no permanent damage to his intestines or cecum due to their being so distended yesterday.???
    Once he recovers, I will have to decide what I have to do differently in the future to keep this from happening again or to catch it even sooner.

My pharmacy almost did not fill the metrocloprimide script even after the vet spoke directly to a pharmacist. It seem they did not record the strength of the drug when they took the call and it also did not register with them that it was an injectable. I learned this when I called about noon to make sure the script was ready before I left to pick it up. I got a bit sassy why they did not ask this information when the vet was on the phone and before the vet closed for the day. They agreed to fill the same injectable strength they filled in the past.

Even and Dash are looking at each other even though they are separate. I plan on keeping them apart until Dash regains his strength and I don't need to monitor Dash's input/output as closely.
    Hopefully his recovery will continue. Re future meds, if you can find a Vet who will prescribe Cisipride this may be more beneficial to Dash than just Metoclopramide (which only works on the upper GI tract) given that his GI tract issues are hind gut related

http://www.medirabbit.com/Safe_medic.../cisapride.htm

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post

Thank you for posting and I'm sending further vibes for Dash. I was so encouraged to read this and I hope his recovery continues xx

Your troubles with finding a vet OOH sounds much like what I had to deal with in Alaska. My vet that works all week is great, but they have no night call and the ER vet there is rubbish. Medications often have to be compounded by the local pharmacy there.
    Even here in the 48 no vet works all week. There is no emergency number to call or doctor who will see you after closing. I have to travel about the same distance to the next town to get seen at all on weekends and Sundays are closed.

I empathize so much with you on how ill Dash was and how delightfully surprising his turnaround has been. You are an awesome bunny parent to pull him through this on your own as you have done. You could help take care of my two bunnies anytime!
    Mega vibes on the way for Dash to make a complete and swift recovery and I hope you can find out what the triggers are for setting off his gut problems. I've found that a few of my bunnies can't eat certain things or it practically stops their digestion. We avoid these things and they do well. I know with a bunny who has a defect though it can be very tough to find a perfect fit for them. I hope a solution presents itself for you soon. xxxx

I'm very glad to hear that Dash is improving. Fingers crossed that he's soon back to his old self very, very soon.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES