Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask for positive vibes for Dash-U/D 07/28

Default Ask for positive vibes for Dash-U/D 07/28

Yesterday morning I awoke to find Dash went downhill as I slept. He went from eating, drinking, dashing around with his littermate, Evan, to not pooping, not drinking, hardly eating, and pressing his tummy. Evan was sitting on top of Dash so I had to separate them for the first time.
    Dash was born with a condition that impacts his digestion.
    His regular vet was not working that day and my back up vet discontinued treating bunnies. In spite of my home care with fluids, Medicam, and metrocloprimide, he was getting worse and even stopped nibbling his dandelion greens in slow motion. When I tried to give critical care I felt huge quantities of matter in his intestines and cecum.

When I called the two emergency vet clinics within an hours drive of my home I learned both discontinued emergency care of bunnies. I was directed to call a veterinarian school/hospital a few hours away. I could not believe there was no emergency care for bunnies in a reasonable distance of my home. I spoke to a student at the school/hospital and explained what I was doing and after speaking to their clinician she called me back to tell me they felt it would be too stressful to take Dash on such a long ride.

As a last resort I tried to give him an enema with fluids and it did not seem to work. I gave him additional Medicam to ease his pain, massaged his tummy, and stayed by his side. He started to move as if he was uncomfortable and I expected the worse. When I went to pick him up I found one monster sized poo (he usually has double/triple oval poos due to his genetic problem, but this one was twice as wide as usual) and a couple regular sized ones. He started to eat a small corner of a dandelion green. I gave him more motility meds and took a short nap.

Dash is still week, but he has passed a lot of poo, and he was eating and begging today. He ate so many dandelion greens in the last few hours that his fur around his mouth looks like he has a bright green mustache and beard. Now I am hoping he will eat his timothy hay as well.

Even though the regular vet is not available today, the vet at the partnership said they would call my pharmacy for a refill on metrocloprimide. I hope the pharmacy has it in stock even though I have enough for today and part of tomorrow.

Please send Dash some positive vibes. Evan, my OH, and I love him so much.
    Last edited by bunny momma; 28-07-2017 at 02:39 PM.

I am very sorry to hear that Dash is so poorly I hope that he can pull through xx

Mama Doe

Sending vibes for poorly Dash,hope he improves.x

Quote Originally Posted by bunny momma View Post
    Yesterday morning I awoke to find Dash went downhill as I slept. He went from eating, drinking, dashing around with his littermate, Evan, to not pooping, not drinking, hardly eating, and pressing his tummy. Evan was sitting on top of Dash so I had to separate them for the first time.
    Dash was born with a condition that impacts his digestion.
    His regular vet was not working that day and my back up vet discontinued treating bunnies. In spite of my home care with fluids, Medicam, and metrocloprimide, he was getting worse and even stopped nibbling his dandelion greens in slow motion. When I tried to give critical care I felt huge quantities of matter in his intestines and cecum.

When I called the two emergency vet clinics within an hours drive of my home I learned both discontinued emergency care of bunnies. I was directed to call a veterinarian school/hospital a few hours away. I could not believe there was no emergency care for bunnies in a reasonable distance of my home. I spoke to a student at the school/hospital and explained what I was doing and after speaking to their clinician she called me back to tell me they felt it would be too stressful to take Dash on such a long ride.

As a last resort I tried to give him an enema with fluids and it did not seem to work. I gave him additional Medicam to ease his pain, massaged his tummy, and stayed by his side. He started to move as if he was uncomfortable and I expected the worse. When I went to pick him up I found one monster sized poo (he usually has double/triple oval poos due to his genetic problem, but this one was twice as wide as usual) and a couple regular sized ones. He started to eat a small corner of a dandelion green. I gave him more motility meds and took a short nap.

Dash is still week, but he has passed a lot of poo, and he was eating and begging today. He ate so many dandelion greens in the last few hours that his fur around his mouth looks like he has a bright green mustache and beard. Now I am hoping he will eat his timothy hay as well.

Even though the regular vet is not available today, the vet at the partnership said they would call my pharmacy for a refill on metrocloprimide. I hope the pharmacy has it in stock even though I have enough for today and part of tomorrow.

Please send Dash some positive vibes. Evan, my OH, and I love him so much.

Oh no T, how awful

Positive vibes for Dash and calming hugs for you and Evan x

Alpha Buck

You must feel so isolated where support is concerned so well done you for all that you are doing for Dash.

He must feel so much better for passing the poops he has and it seems to be showing in his appetite. Fingers crossed he continues to further improve.

Poor Dash, I'm sending lots of vibes to him xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Sending vibes x

Lots of vibes being sent

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Mama Doe

Sending loads and loads of vibes for Dash. xxxxx

Sending lots and lots of healing (((((vibes))))) for Dash xx

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES