• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ask for positive vibes for Dash-U/D 04/22/2018

Thanks for the message- and Bob is fine. I think the problem is moulting/ time of year and I just need to watch him carefully and keep providing him with lots of tastey forage. He is having his myxi/rvhd vaccination tomorrow so I'll get the vet to give him a good exam. All the best to you heidi and dash x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I am glad Bob is stable. We do not have vaccines in NY State because those illnesses are not in this state. I hope Bob does well with his vaccination. You probably have some extra treats for him.
Dash is much better. The fluids rehydrated the contents of his cecum and he is passing more material and he is very active. He remains on the medication too. I had to go to two different stores to get him his favorite greens and he is eating a lot of them.

I am glad Bob is stable. We do not have vaccines in NY State because those illnesses are not in this state. I hope Bob does well with his vaccination. You probably have some extra treats for him.
Dash is much better. The fluids rehydrated the contents of his cecum and he is passing more material and he is very active. He remains on the medication too. I had to go to two different stores to get him his favorite greens and he is eating a lot of them.

I am so pleased to read that Dash has improved a lot and I hope he remains well and stable for as long as possible xx

I am so pleased to read that Dash has improved a lot and I hope he remains well and stable for as long as possible xx

Thanks Jane,

Dash gets spoiled, so I spoil his littermate, Evan, too. I need Dash to be around, so I know Evan would be lost without his brother.

So good to see this update :)

Is he still eating his dandelion greens?

So good to see this update :)

Is he still eating his dandelion greens?[/QUOTE

This is the second week in a row I went to two different supermarkets to get dandelion greens for my little friends. Dash gets excited whenever I open the refrigerator and he is always begging for more greens as soon as he quickly finishes the ones he got minutes earlier. He is also eating a lot of hay. I weighed him yesterday and his weight is slightly more than his highest weight. He felt a bit full so I am still deciding if it is the first sign he is not passing as much material as he is ingesting or just normal weight. I am leaning toward the former because he feels the same size as before near his ribs.
I kept Dash on sub Q fluids until two days ago and he is still on cisapride.

Dash is such a happy bunny when his tummy is not hurting. Two days ago he had some soft poo and, even though his tummy was not bloated, yesterday I could feel gas bubbles when I was rubbing his sides and tummy. He was otherwise active and eating, drinking, pooing. I may have just got a bit too generous when I was giving him his dandelion greens the night before his soft poos.
When he sees the greens he is so happy he runs toward me, jumps, twirls and practically completes a flip. His name fits him well.

Dash is such a happy bunny when his tummy is not hurting. Two days ago he had some soft poo and, even though his tummy was not bloated, yesterday I could feel gas bubbles when I was rubbing his sides and tummy. He was otherwise active and eating, drinking, pooing. I may have just got a bit too generous when I was giving him his dandelion greens the night before his soft poos.
When he sees the greens he is so happy he runs toward me, jumps, twirls and practically completes a flip. His name fits him well.

I am glad to hear that he's doing reasonably well at the moment. It sounds as though he is feeling very bright within himself xx

I can just visualise this, he sounds like a wonderful little boy :D

Thank you Jane and MM for your comments. Dash and his littermate, Evan, have such different personalities. Dash is like a circus performer and Evan just comes to me and quietly begs. They both are good boys who are crazy about their greens, and even their hay. I took Dash off his meds for a couple of days before I felt (thought I felt) extra material in his tummy. He takes his medicine well and tolerates it well; so the only downside is the medicine is not commercially available and needs to be compounded.

Back