• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ask for positive vibes for Dash-U/D 04/22/2018

He just passed some mucus and afew large pol.He seems brighter too.. I'll get rest after he gets his next meds. Thank you all for your support.
Only bunny owners understand that stasis is a serious medical condition in a bunny

Totally understand. Had a sleepless night on Sunday with Bob again but he is fine now. Hope Dash continues to improve x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Totally understand. Had a sleepless night on Sunday with Bob again but he is fine now. Hope Dash continues to improve x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

JulieW,
When Dash was ill a few weeks ago, I took a few naps, rather than getting any sleep. This does not always work when we have other responsibilities that need to be addressed.
I sincerely hope the Bob continues to be well so you can get the sleep we all need for our physical and mental health.

Yes. He passed some large fecal material and mucus at 1:15am. Even though he improved, I am worried he can down downhill again since he seems to be on a roller coaster the past few weeks.

This is what is so stressful isn't it. It's like walking a tightrope never knowing when the next blip will occur. That on top of all of your worries must be making you feel totally drained.

I really hope that Dash can remain stable for longer this time xx

It has been over a week since Dash's last episode. He is still on some medication. He passed some mucus /fluids after his last two episodes and I was reluctant to stress him, so I did not get it completely off before it dried. Two days ago I decided to get out the blunt scissors and carefully cut away some small areas of matted fur. His skin looked very good and he is no longer leaking like he did after his prior episode of stasis so I hope this is a good sign. Dash was very tolerant and I imagine he told his brother about his spa treatment!
Thanks you all for your support. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we do not have a recurrence.

I’m glad that Dash has been better recently, sending lots of vibes that he will remain well now. He sounds like he is a very good boy :love:

I’m glad that Dash has been better recently, sending lots of vibes that he will remain well now. He sounds like he is a very good boy :love:
Thank you.
Dash is a very good boy, even though he does like to dash around more than his littermate, Evan, who enjoys sitting on laps and getting snuggles. My other bunnies are also very good bunnies, each with their own personality.

It has been over a week since Dash's last episode. He is still on some medication. He passed some mucus /fluids after his last two episodes and I was reluctant to stress him, so I did not get it completely off before it dried. Two days ago I decided to get out the blunt scissors and carefully cut away some small areas of matted fur. His skin looked very good and he is no longer leaking like he did after his prior episode of stasis so I hope this is a good sign. Dash was very tolerant and I imagine he told his brother about his spa treatment!
Thanks you all for your support. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we do not have a recurrence.

I hope that he wont have any more 'episodes' any time soon xx

Topping up the vibes and hoping he won't have a recurrence x

Thanks Jane. Dash's condition can change so quickly. I hope we are off the roller coaster for a while so I can begin to rest easier.

I know exactly what you mean. It can make it hard not to be permanently anxious as to when the next blip will occur. Lots of 'stay well tummy' vibes being sent xx

Dash's condition can change so quickly. I hope we are off the roller coaster for a while so I can begin to rest easier.

It's so unsettling when a rabbit can change so fast.

I really hope you get a break from the rollercoaster. We all need a break from stress ...

Sending more vibes x

I know exactly what you mean. It can make it hard not to be permanently anxious as to when the next blip will occur. Lots of 'stay well tummy' vibes being sent xx
I am someone who worries under normal circumstances; so it takes a lot of meditation for me to calm myself when these sudden emergencies happen. I deal with my stress by charting their condition, strength, weakness, hydration, food/water intake, pee/poo output, medications, etc. Even though I will never get points for neatness (or handwriting) these notes have become a great reference if they have a similar episode in the future, plus it reminds me how long it took for that bunny to get back to normal in the past.

Back