• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Weeing when lying down. Is something wrong?

We've got one out, it's been dormant in semi-bud since mid Jan but popped last week and is pretty much in full flower now. Ours never fully finish! Petals are pretty rich though :S

Best wishes for Doughnut!

I'm jealous :lol: Not even a sign of a bud here :roll:

She seems a lot better still. I've now introduced the new hay again to see if it was that since I can keep an eye on her. That's for asking

I got lots of splats so I've taken it away again. She's being a naughty girl, won't have any of her medicine so now in the cycle of catching her and syringing it in. She's very defiant, mouth firmly shut and then turning her head around when I try and get it in the side of her mouth then she doesn't swallow it so I think I haven't gone in the right place. Eventually she starts swallowing! I'm hoping when she's just back to zantac she will come over and beg for it again.

I got lots of splats so I've taken it away again. She's being a naughty girl, won't have any of her medicine so now in the cycle of catching her and syringing it in. She's very defiant, mouth firmly shut and then turning her head around when I try and get it in the side of her mouth then she doesn't swallow it so I think I haven't gone in the right place. Eventually she starts swallowing! I'm hoping when she's just back to zantac she will come over and beg for it again.

Sounds as though the hay may be the culprit doesn't it. I hope things settle down again soon xx

She's a strong-willed girlie to be sure :)

Surprised hay has that effect - she must have a really sensitive stomach

Saw Mark today, she loves his scales and jumped up on them as usual. Just giving her zantac and metacam now and seeing how she goes. He left her on the table and then when he had come back she was sitting on his scales again! He said you are just the sweetest little rabbit :). When I put the carrier back on the table she jumped straight back in. She's really well today. Trying to give the meds on weetabix again so I don't have to pick her up. It's so annoying as she loves both of these medicines but just won't take it from the syringe now, I'm apparently totally untrustworthy. She still lets me give her nose rubs and kisses though so I'm not totally in the dog house.

Saw Mark today, she loves his scales and jumped up on them as usual. Just giving her zantac and metacam now and seeing how she goes. He left her on the table and then when he had come back she was sitting on his scales again! He said you are just the sweetest little rabbit :). When I put the carrier back on the table she jumped straight back in. She's really well today. Trying to give the meds on weetabix again so I don't have to pick her up. It's so annoying as she loves both of these medicines but just won't take it from the syringe now, I'm apparently totally untrustworthy. She still lets me give her nose rubs and kisses though so I'm not totally in the dog house.

Bless her !! She has clearly won Mark over ! :love: I hope that she remains well now and I am glad you are not being sent to Human retraining camp :lol:

What a lovely picture you paint of her hopping onto the scales :D

I'm pleased to hear she is doing so well!

Did Mark say he needs to check her out sometime in the future at all?

I'll see him next in a couple of months for her next vaccine. It was just her acid reflux and slow digestion. He said it sounded like the hay. I asked if she could have grass in a month or so and he said yes it's fine and I also asked about fresh herbs. He just said give her a little bit and see how she goes. Because she's been well for a year I think it's just another bleep. I'm just in trouble when I add all her meds in and then an hour later she's unwell again but she's bounced back again thankfully. Maybe she was also getting a UTI and so that upset everything too. It's hard to tell with her since apparently she's pretty unique! I do wonder if it's because she's so little and was half the size of her brothers and sisters that she's got trouble but that's why I choose her :)

I know Mark has a soft spot for her since she spent so much time with him and he said she was gorgeous but naughty! Not sure what it is about those scales, she always jumps out of the carrier and straight on to them, she does then try and get onto his desk and nibble his webcam though. It is funny, he said to her I can see what you're up to.

I know Mark has a soft spot for her since she spent so much time with him and he said she was gorgeous but naughty! Not sure what it is about those scales, she always jumps out of the carrier and straight on to them, she does then try and get onto his desk and nibble his webcam though. It is funny, he said to her I can see what you're up to.

Sorry to hear Doughnut hasn't been well again. :(

I don't know what is it about that monitor but Mini always tries to get behind there as well! I think they secretly hide treats there :lol:

Sorry to hear Doughnut hasn't been well again. :(

I don't know what is it about that monitor but Mini always tries to get behind there as well! I think they secretly hide treats there :lol:

It's so funny. He took her off the scales to listen to her chest and check her over then put her back on the table and went and got the vaccine. He was gone a while so she jumped on the scales then tried to wiggle up to the keyboard. Looked like she wanted to type something! Then it was behind the monitor then when he came in she was sitting nicely on the scales looking at him. I know she's feeling better when she does that though.

The couple who came out of his room had just had to put their dog to sleep. I was nearly crying myself when I went in to see him. I couldn't work in a vets as much as I would love to

Last edited:
I'll see him next in a couple of months for her next vaccine. It was just her acid reflux and slow digestion. He said it sounded like the hay. I asked if she could have grass in a month or so and he said yes it's fine and I also asked about fresh herbs. He just said give her a little bit and see how she goes. Because she's been well for a year I think it's just another bleep. I'm just in trouble when I add all her meds in and then an hour later she's unwell again but she's bounced back again thankfully. Maybe she was also getting a UTI and so that upset everything too. It's hard to tell with her since apparently she's pretty unique! I do wonder if it's because she's so little and was half the size of her brothers and sisters that she's got trouble but that's why I choose her :)

He certainly has a soft spot for her! You look after her so well, and observe when she's not doing too good. She's lucky to have you being so watchful - I'm sure Mark appreciates that (as does Doughnut :))

Ah thank you. He always says she wouldn't be here without you and I say no its because of you. He says it's a team effort as you've nursed her all this time. I know everyone on here would do all it takes to get their animal well but he obviously sees a lot of the other side too.

I've started another thread but I saw cookie from supervet there. Only me and his owner there and I noticed his two artificial feet and said have you been to see noel. I remember he was referred by Mark to noel. He was racing around wagging his tail. Couldn't resist a cuddle

Last edited:
Ah thank you. He always says she wouldn't be here without you and I say no its because of you. He says it's a team effort as you've nursed her all this time. I know everyone on here would do all it takes to get their animal well but he obviously sees a lot of the other side too.

I've started another thread but I saw cookie from supervet there. Only me and his owner there and I noticed his two artificial feet and said have you been to see noel. I remember he was referred by Mark to noel. He was racing around wagging his tail. Couldn't resist a cuddle

Awwwww Cookie is so cute :love:

Noel aint half bad either ........................;) :lol:

You mutually appreciate one another. What a lovely vet he is, and humble too :)

Back