Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 57

Thread: Weeing when lying down. Is something wrong?

  1. #11
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,504

    Default

    Thanks Jane and Mightymax. She was wet last night and smelt of urine. Still unsure if it's a UTI or her digestion as when she was unwell she was wet all the time then. I'm giving her two lots of cisapride, zantac and metacam a day now and see how she goes. I didn't get the usual digging on the door to wake me up this morning and no excited waggy tail. She came over to take her medicine though and ate about half of her muesli which isn't great as that's normally all gone. She did seem dry and didn't smell and no urine anywhere overnight. I then went out and picked a handful of grass and dandelions and she scoffed that down, so I know she's not 100% as she always choses fresh stuff over muesli when she's under the weather. I'll see if she's wet when I get in tonight and will try and see Mark tomorrow if she is. I'm sure she's not in pain though as has still flopped out.

  2. #12
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    IOW
    Posts
    12,709

    Default

    Sending you lots of vibes for Doughnut, bless her. Is it Spring I wonder? Hope she gets better soon.

  3. #13
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,504

    Default

    Thanks. I have no idea what brings it on. Her gut slows down and she struggles to toilet and has acid reflux. I'm hoping she's dry again when I get home

  4. #14
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Thanks. I have no idea what brings it on. Her gut slows down and she struggles to toilet and has acid reflux. I'm hoping she's dry again when I get home


    I hope so too x

  5. #15
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,504

    Default

    I've got in and she's having one of her episodes. Had to grab her to get the medicine down. Half and an hour and it's calmed down. I went out and cut some more grass. She's nibbled a bit of that now. Doesn't want her muesli. She's wet and lots of soft stools smeared every where. Seeing mark tomorrow evening

  6. #16
    Wise Old Thumper
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    129,809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    I've got in and she's having one of her episodes. Had to grab her to get the medicine down. Half and an hour and it's calmed down. I went out and cut some more grass. She's nibbled a bit of that now. Doesn't want her muesli. She's wet and lots of soft stools smeared every where. Seeing mark tomorrow evening
    Oh poor little girlie Sending lots of vibes for her xx

  7. #17
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    31,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    Thanks Jane and Mightymax. She was wet last night and smelt of urine. Still unsure if it's a UTI or her digestion as when she was unwell she was wet all the time then. I'm giving her two lots of cisapride, zantac and metacam a day now and see how she goes. I didn't get the usual digging on the door to wake me up this morning and no excited waggy tail. She came over to take her medicine though and ate about half of her muesli which isn't great as that's normally all gone. She did seem dry and didn't smell and no urine anywhere overnight. I then went out and picked a handful of grass and dandelions and she scoffed that down, so I know she's not 100% as she always choses fresh stuff over muesli when she's under the weather. I'll see if she's wet when I get in tonight and will try and see Mark tomorrow if she is. I'm sure she's not in pain though as has still flopped out.

    You're welcome

    Hope you can get to see Mark and he can test her urine x

  8. #18
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    31,883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpayne View Post
    I've got in and she's having one of her episodes. Had to grab her to get the medicine down. Half and an hour and it's calmed down. I went out and cut some more grass. She's nibbled a bit of that now. Doesn't want her muesli. She's wet and lots of soft stools smeared every where. Seeing mark tomorrow evening

    Just seen your update - not good. Glad you're seeing Mark tomorrow. She sounds to be a bit stressed, though I wonder if the dandelions (and possibly grass) had anything to do with it?

    I have known rabbits with impeccable litter habits have a lapse after eating a few dandelion leaves .....

  9. #19
    Warren Veteran cpayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dartford
    Posts
    6,504

    Default

    She's only had the dandelion the last two days and only two leaves. I went and got it as she was off her muesli. Think it's all to do with her digestion again. I've added all medicines back in but the trouble is I'm out the house 11 hours and she seems to be in an episode by then. I have had near enough a year or no major incidents so guess I can't complain. If this is every day and a couple of times its hard to get it under control . Hopefully after a few days with full medicine it will make it disappear!

  10. #20
    Forum Buddy Zoobec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    23,457

    Default

    Sending lots of vibes for her xx

    Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •