Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Would you have your Doe spayed? The discussion continues .. 26 May 2017

Just thought I would bring this thread back as I have had cause to do some research on behalf of a Forum member and it threw up this interesting article by Vet William Lewis:

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1...nalCode=tvnj20

Neutering rabbits – is it worth the risk?

It was in the Veterinary Nursing Journal of 2010, and published online in 2014, so not bang up to date. I was thinking of the risks of post surgical adhesions particularly ..

The full article isn't quoted, but some members may be able to gain access
    RHD2 info updated: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...-December-2017

“Choose to be optimistic, it feels better!” ... Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Just thought I would bring this thread back as I have had cause to do some research on behalf of a Forum member and it threw up this interesting article by Vet William Lewis:

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1...nalCode=tvnj20

Neutering rabbits – is it worth the risk?

It was in the Veterinary Nursing Journal of 2010, and published online in 2014, so not bang up to date. I was thinking of the risks of post surgical adhesions particularly ..

The full article isn't quoted, but some members may be able to gain access
    That's very interesting, a few people have said to me get boys done, but don't worry about girls, because it's so much more involved for them, but from experience it depends on the bunny... My boy didn't take his well. Also I just realised that's my vet

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    That's very interesting, a few people have said to me get boys done, but don't worry about girls, because it's so much more involved for them, but from experience it depends on the bunny... My boy didn't take his well. Also I just realised that's my vet

Yes the vet doing the op is crucial. But often we don't find out their limitations until it's too late

I'm so sorry you had this experience with your boy

Yes the vet doing the op is crucial. But often we don't find out their limitations until it's too late

I'm so sorry you had this experience with your boy
    It's worse for Atticus I'm sure, bless him. William is a fantastic vet though if it wasn't for him Clementine would've been put down. He's also doing Fleurs spay this Wednesday so hopefully that goes well - I don't think there's any real way of knowing what's going to happen all you can do is find a great vet and hope for the best x

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    It's worse for Atticus I'm sure, bless him. William is a fantastic vet though if it wasn't for him Clementine would've been put down. He's also doing Fleurs spay this Wednesday so hopefully that goes well - I don't think there's any real way of knowing what's going to happen all you can do is find a great vet and hope for the best x

Awesome! How wonderful to have William as your vet

Wishing Fleur an uneventful spay and a smooth recovery xx

Awesome! How wonderful to have William as your vet

Wishing Fleur an uneventful spay and a smooth recovery xx
    Thank you after Atticus I'm hoping it'll go smoothly and there'll be no issues, not sure I can take anymore problems

Wise Old Thumper

I'd want to see more evidence than this before I change what I do with any hypothetical future does....and I'd probably still go for it just on the grounds that Poppy was such a nightmare before she was spayed (due to hormones) that she was a danger to herself and everyone around her!

Sleep tight Apache, everyone who met you was happier for it.

Quote Originally Posted by clutterydrawer View Post
    I'd want to see more evidence than this before I change what I do with any hypothetical future does....and I'd probably still go for it just on the grounds that Poppy was such a nightmare before she was spayed (due to hormones) that she was a danger to herself and everyone around her!
    Clementine was getting a bit sassy before I had her spayed but nothing too bad? I mean now she's super lovely, it's weird because she was the nightmare and now she's much nicer than my boy who was lovely before his castration, but not after.

My other female Fleur is getting spayed Wednesday but I kinda don't want her to change? I've had a lot of second thoughts about it she's sassy... But loving and not a nightmare like Clementine was. It's meant to be the right thing to do though I guess. Also she does spray Atticus when they're outside together haha which he isn't that impressed about so hopefully that'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by clutterydrawer View Post

Yes, I don't think I can change now .. spaying and neutering is so ingrained