Thread: Concern with DustFreeHay - "non pet product"

Default Concern with DustFreeHay - "non pet product"

I've been getting hay from Dust Free Hay for the past couple of years and have been really impressed with it, however, they updated their website a little while back and now in the T&Cs I've noticed this:

We sell on the understanding this is a non pet product but an animal feed.
    I'm worries now if it is still suitable for my house rabbits or if I should be looking somewhere else. They really love the hay though. They are really healthy too.

Any advice?

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaJayne View Post
    I've been getting hay from Dust Free Hay for the past couple of years and have been really impressed with it, however, they updated their website a little while back and now in the T&Cs I've noticed this:

I'm worries now if it is still suitable for my house rabbits or if I should be looking somewhere else. They really love the hay though. They are really healthy too.

Any advice?
    Just means you dont pay VAT on it. Pet feed is taxed, animal feed is not

Any advice?

Most food for animals is zero rated, except for things like canned, packaged or prepared pet food .. So hay which involves no preparation is always zero rated.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...od-for-animals

How do you find the dust free hay? Is it really good?
    I am always on the lookout for new hays to try my little ones on

Thank you MightyMax and Jack's-Jane, that's really helpful and encouraging. I'd have a coup on my hands if my bunnies stopped getting their favourite hay.

MightyMax - yeah our rabbits love their Stalky Hay but not so much the Timothy. They currently don't have any stock of the Stalky so we've been getting the Barn Dried hay from them instead and they love that even more! Nice thick hay which is great for them to chew on.

Thank you MightyMax and Jack's-Jane, that's really helpful and encouraging. I'd have a coup on my hands if my bunnies stopped getting their favourite hay.

MightyMax - yeah our rabbits love their Stalky Hay but not so much the Timothy. They currently don't have any stock of the Stalky so we've been getting the Barn Dried hay from them instead and they love that even more! Nice thick hay which is great for them to chew on.

You're welcome

Thanks for the hay recommendation. I love our lucky buns who get such a good choice of hay. We are also lucky we can share info and help each other choose the nicest for them

My piggies have the soft dust-free hay. I hope they aren't sold out of that one.
    Sarah.

RIP Dusty and Clover xxx
    Harry hamster