• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aggression towards one family member

airamanele

New Kit
My neutered HL is being aggressive towards one family member. We're a family of 4 adults and one child. You would think our rabbit(Bennie) would go after the low lying fruit and go after my 4 year old but in fact our guy is going after grandpa! Funny not funny. Bennie can't get enough of grandpas shoes and when he's shooed away Bennie becomes aggressive and goes for his ankles. My normally sweet tempered boy suddenly lost his hay and went crazy. What do I do? I thought of maybe spraying the bottom of grandpas shoes with vinegar. We need help here, we really don't want to give up grandpa for adoption. We want to keep our family together
[emoji1353][emoji1354][emoji1352][emoji1408][emoji1349][emoji195]❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My neutered HL is being aggressive towards one family member. We're a family of 4 adults and one child. You would think our rabbit(Bennie) would go after the low lying fruit and go after my 4 year old but in fact our guy is going after grandpa! Funny not funny. Bennie can't get enough of grandpas shoes and when he's shooed away Bennie becomes aggressive and goes for his ankles. My normally sweet tempered boy suddenly lost his hay and went crazy. What do I do? I thought of maybe spraying the bottom of grandpas shoes with vinegar. We need help here, we really don't want to give up grandpa for adoption. We want to keep our family together

Is he neutered ?...............Bennie I mean, not Grandpa ! :shock:

Ha :lol: Great post, probably not so amusing for grandpa though! Not sure what you can do, one of our rabbits bites trouser legs and ankles given the chance, but she's not picky about who they belong to x

It could be a dominance behaviour and he feels Grandpa is the weakest link so picks on him. Grandpa can't live in boots etc so really don't know what to suggest I am afraid.

Hello there and welcome to the Forum :wave:

You say your rabbit is already neutered, so it's probably not an 'amorous fling' with Grandpa's shoes :)

Can Grandpa leave his shoes somewhere else and wear either the shoes or slippers or something to see whether it's Grandpa or the shoes that are so appealing?

I was going to suggest similar to MM: " Grandpa take off your shoes and put on your slippers " or ...
" Grandpa stop putting rabbit treats in your shoes " :lol:

Back