Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet Trevor & Alys

Default Meet Trevor & Alys

I didn't want to tempt fate and post about them until I'd actually got them home after my disappointment with the Gumtree bunny last week but please meet Trevor (named after my friend's handsome hubby!) and Alys (named after my favourite celebrity gardener). They are currently living separately but they've been for vaccinations this morning and Trevor is booked for neutering next week:

Trevor:

Alys:

Not the greatest pictures as I didn't want to freak them out with my big camera.

Trevor is incredibly confident, Alys is a bit more shy but they are both so lovely. I wasn't sure I was ready after losing Betty at the beginning of the month but it's really nice to have them here, so I guess I am!

Oh what gorgeous bunnies Hope the bonding goes well!

Stunners!

They're gorgeous are you going to bond them together?

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

A Dutch duo

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    They're gorgeous are you going to bond them together?
    Yes - well that is the hope - of course you never know with rabbits! I do have the space to give them both another partner if they truly hate each other. Hopefully not! It will be a while before I know though. The vet has recommended four weeks post neuter for trying them together and Trevor isn't being done until next week. I'll be reading everything I can on bonding up til then and probably ask a lot of questions. I can't really call what I did with Dennis and Bella "bonding" as it was love at first sight and I didn't actually do anything!

Wise Old Thumper

Very cute rabbits I like Alys Fowler too. I'm currently watching her series on i-player for the second time. Hope the neuters and the bonding go well.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    Very cute rabbits I like Alys Fowler too. I'm currently watching her series on i-player for the second time. Hope the neuters and the bonding go well.
    Thank you. I'm nervous about the neuters but we have a brilliant rabbit friendly vet so I'm staying positive. Just need to set up a second indoor area as he recommended keeping Trevor in for a night or two after his op. Would the shed perhaps be better? It's insulated but not heated and I can put a rug down and his litter tray and hay rack, I'm not sure about having him inside in case he struggles when he goes back outside. Both new buns have been living outside before getting here (but in hutches without runs - I think they are liking their new space!) so they are used to being out.

Yes Alys Fowler is brilliant, I love The Edible Garden and I love her thrifty, eco friendliness - it was watching it the first time round that made me really want to keep chickens, it's taken me about 5 years but I'm nearly there!

Aw, how lovely. I'm so pleased for you x

**created by my DD Lionheadlop**