• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hallo from Monty and Me

Monty's Human

Alpha Buck
Hallo!

I am one of Monty's humans; in our (Monty's) house, there's my partner and I and also our aged hamster Trouble (also known commonly as Mischief and Fluffball). We brought Monty home about a month ago; he comes from a nearby farm where he was living with lots of other rabbits. He's about four months old, and isn't really used to humans yet. Basically, Monty is a big ball of fluff:

800aedd331.jpg

My partner has never owned rabbits, and I was too young when I last had a pet rabbit to really remember, so this is our first time being responsible for one. There have been some teething problems, and I fear that we are not yet the humans Monty would like us to be, but I hope we will get better as we go along, and that Monty might start to settle in more. At the moment, we can't seem to do anything right, so I am hoping that the advice on the forums will enlighten us on a few things!

Hello and welcome. I would suspect Monty is missing his friends and thinks you are horrid for taking him away from them. He's very pretty. There's usually always someone around to try to help you with any queries you may have.

Hi & welcome! :wave:

Monty is gorgeous! :love:

Like others have said, we are a friendly bunch & always happy to help with any questions you may have. Have a good look around as no doubt there is lots you can learn and pick up on to help keep monty happy! Xx

Hi, and welcome to RU :wave: Monty is gorgeous:love: please feel free to ask any questions we will be only too happy to help:thumb:

Hi all,

Thank you for your warm welcome :) I think most of our problems are just experience and familiarity rated - for example, he hates having his nails cut, and I'm still learning how to do it, so it often takes quite a lot of stress for all three of us before it's done. I've just about figured out grooming now - it seems that if there's kale involved, he'll stop attacking the comb and let me do whatever I like! I'll definitely post if there are any specific questions which come up, thank you :) I think the only real problem we have is that he does love going to the loo on our sofa; we haven't tried toilet training yet, as he otherwise only uses his toilet/soil tray, and he still hates being picked up for things like that. Fingers crossed he'll leave the sofa alone in the end!

I would suspect Monty is missing his friends and thinks you are horrid for taking him away from them.

I hope not! He had a brother and sister who were for sale too, and we spent a very long time debating whether to get a second rabbit so that he would have company; ultimately, we didn't feel we could look after two properly (and I am home all day 6 days a week) so we hoped he wouldn't be too lonely. He did lick my face for me yesterday evening, so I don't think I'm too horrid yet!

Back