• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bleu has been neutered

Bleu got neutered on Thursday and everything went perfect. I couldnt come on RU because i was a nervous wreck and ive only just been able to read any posts in the health section since losing Blitzen because it brought back his death everytime i heard of a poorly bun. The first phone call to check that bleu was alright after hi OP was the most stressful thing ever and i cried when they said he was fine. He didnt even look like he had had an OP when i brought him home and he went straight to the bars of Bellas pen and flopped. I let him meet her yesterday because he looked depressed and OMG its true love, they are stuck together like glue. xx:love:

Bleu got neutered on Thursday and everything went perfect. I couldnt come on RU because i was a nervous wreck and ive only just been able to read any posts in the health section since losing Blitzen because it brought back his death everytime i heard of a poorly bun. The first phone call to check that bleu was alright after hi OP was the most stressful thing ever and i cried when they said he was fine. He didnt even look like he had had an OP when i brought him home and he went straight to the bars of Bellas pen and flopped. I let him meet her yesterday because he looked depressed and OMG its true love, they are stuck together like glue. xx:love:

How lovely, and what a blessed relief for you :love:

I hope he recovers well, and that the bonding goes like a dream. Sounds like it will xx

:D

Hope he heals quickly xx

Thanks everyone, im so happy with the way things are going. Bleu's swelling has gone down now and Bella has 80% got her litter training, just the odd excited poo now. I learned her to go upstairs yesterday but she still cant go down yet so thats the next stage.
17021337_10154773556728859_5524412984993679083_n.jpg
16864421_10154773556858859_3947391441024378985_n.jpg

Thanks everyone, im so happy with the way things are going. Bleu's swelling has gone down now and Bella has 80% got her litter training, just the odd excited poo now. I learned her to go upstairs yesterday but she still cant go down yet so thats the next stage.
17021337_10154773556728859_5524412984993679083_n.jpg
16864421_10154773556858859_3947391441024378985_n.jpg

They have a real need of one another :love:

i know but im thinking bella wont be fertile yet at 8 weeks. He isnt really humping her, i think ive got him neutered before his hormones have kicked in with any luck. xxxxx

i thought she was tiny when we got her but now her ears seem to be taking over her body when she puts them up lol.. She is really long though when she lies flat. They melt my heart. x

How wonderful. There are some amazingly smooth bonds on here at the moment, I'm glad Bleu found love so easily

Back