Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indoor enclosure plan

Young Bun

The puppy pen size is my biggest concern. Most seem to be 8 panels each of which are between 60 & 70cm. Usually set in an octagon so I am struggling to work out the floor space?! I think my brain is fried, but I really want to get this right.

Quote Originally Posted by BeccaT View Post
    The puppy pen size is my biggest concern. Most seem to be 8 panels each of which are between 60 & 70cm. Usually set in an octagon so I am struggling to work out the floor space?! I think my brain is fried, but I really want to get this right.
    8 panels 70cm wide would give you 5.6m or 18ft long if it was stretched out in a line. Whereabouts would you set up the pen against your other space, and what shape would you make, maybe that will help work it out. For instance if you made the pen 7ft long as your other space is, it would be about 5ft deep if it only needed 3 sides.

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Young Bun

I think what I will do is masking tape it out on the floor & take some photos. The pen will be a sort of random shape I think as I have room for 2 panels coming out perpendicular to the enclosure & the the other will just make an angular shape back to the enclosure to join up the other side of the door. I will mask it out & see how it looks (just need to move a bit of furniture!)

I think what I will do is masking tape it out on the floor & take some photos. The pen will be a sort of random shape I think as I have room for 2 panels coming out perpendicular to the enclosure & the the other will just make an angular shape back to the enclosure to join up the other side of the door. I will mask it out & see how it looks (just need to move a bit of furniture!)

It can be quite a palaver making good living quarters for our rabbits!

Young Bun

Certainly is! I really want to get it right for them, but it has to work for us too!

Good idea have fun

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Young Bun

I think masking taping it has proved to me that I can't really go much bigger than this in the space (this is taped with 7 puppy pen panels at 70cm each). There is often someone in as hubby works shifts so in theory they'll b out in the lounge most of the time anyway. This is really for night & early morning.

They will be more entertaining than watching TV

You're certainly giving these buns all you can - well done you x

Young Bun

It would be hard watching tv like that! Can u imagine my hubby agreeing to that!?! The theory is if we r in watching tv then the pen will fold & they can roam the lounge.
    I'm definitely feeling happier now I've masked it out, makes it easier to see!

Young Bun

My hubby has just come down from sleeping off a night shift & nearly had a coronary! I did have to explain the folding down pen!!