• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this suffice?

Bubzie

New Kit
Hello all!

Just a few minutes ago I posted an introduction in the intro section of the forums, and now I'd like to ask for your assistance!

I mentioned in my intro that I have a full grown Californian rabbit named Bunny who has a been an indoor rabbit for almost two years. Unfortunately due to allergies I need to move her outdoors. I had an outdoor rabbit when I was much younger but looking back she didn't get as much exercise as she should have and I don't want my rabbit now to suffer the same fate.

With all that said I am trying to find the most affordable but also most comfortable options for rabbit outdoor living. I looked at a few hutches/coops but they just seem too small for a rabbit to LIVE in, not just reside in.

I have found a large dog kennel which says it is weather resistant. It's made out of fir wood and it's 41"Lx23"Dx28"H.

(Link to aforementioned dog kennel)

This would obviously not be her only room, I would also like to purchase or buy a run, I'm just not sure which is both better and more cost efficient.

I'd really appreciate some feedback from others who have outdoor rabbits and know what they're talking about! :D

Thank you in advance for any and all advice!

- Bubzie.

No, it wouldn't be good enough and how would you ensure her safety. Are you thinking you would put the dog kennel inside a run?

tonibun I apologize, I see that I wasn't quite specific enough. If I were to purchase this kennel I would either purchase or make a run separately and either connect the two or, as you stated, put the kennel inside.

My bad.

- Bubzie.

Back