• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Bianca - photos!

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
We are currently in the process of setting up a date for Bianca with a lovely young bun named Henry.
I know that it's the right thing to do but I feel like I'm betraying Billy so I'm not enjoying it as much as I should.
I'm sure I will have a change of heart the moment that I meet him though, he's adorable :love:

Last edited:
We are currently in the process of setting up a date for Bianca with a lovely young bun named Henry.
I know that it's the right thing to do but I feel like I'm betraying Billy so I'm not enjoying it as much as I should.
I'm sure I will have a change of heart the moment that I meet him though, he's adorable :love:

I hope that Bianca and Henry will take a liking to each other. It is very selfless of you to put Bianca's needs first despite the fact that taking on another Rabbit will be an emotional challenge for you x

Henry
20gb6sp.jpg

Aww, he's gorgeous and I spy a little cheeky face!!! :love:

I know exactly what you mean, I swore Bailey would be my last bunny and found it heartbreaking after loosing honey. I personally really struggled but could see Bailey was getting bored and needed company. It is hard, but try and think of it that, you are helping give another little bunny a wonderful home and billy will always be proud of you for that xx

Henry has just lost his friend and is very sad without her. He came from a hoarding case so he hasn't had it easy.
He does look cheeky doesn't he?! We have just put down our deposit and he is getting his filavac jab tomorrow. We are taking Bea up on March 13th :)

Aww Roxy that's a lovely thought. The sight of Bianca with a friend will prove to you it's the right decision, and Billy would be happy about that, I am in no doubt x

Lots of luck for their date. He looks like a cutie.

My dh surprised me by saying that he thinks we should get Dottie a friend a.s.a.p after losing Darwin. I feel like maybe we should wait longer, but I do agree that she needs the company, so we are going to visit the rescue x

Henry is gorgeous:love: you shouldn't feel guilty, you aren't betraying Billy, he would want you and Bianca to be happy. Hopefully doing something positive will help you :thumb:
I know it's all much easier said than done though;)

He's gorgeous :love:. As hard as it is, you're doing the right thing by finding your lonely bunny a friend.

Henry is a gorgeous bun :love: Fingers crossed for a successful date with Bianca xx

I experienced the same feelings you're going through at the moment when Snoopy and I lost Peanut Butter last year. I knew in my heart I had to get Snoopy a new friend quickly (he doesn't mind humans but his favourite thing in the world - after food!-is cuddling up to another bunny) even though it was far too soon for me personally. I was worried about how I would feel towards her. Whether I would resent her for replacing Peanut Butter? In actual fact, when we went to the rescue I just saw a little bun who desperately needed a home and who would give Snoopy the companionship he needed. I'm sure it will be the same for you when you go to meet Henry.

I always think that when it comes to pets our hearts are like a balloon. The love we feel for new pets will never displace the love we have for the ones we lost. Our hearts just grow a little bit bigger.

Thank you everyone. Me and my o/h have both shed a few tears today over this decision. It still feels very raw to us but Bianca deserves a friend so we have to bite the bullet. He is a beautiful boy that has had a hard time and he isn't coping well without a friend of his own :( I've seen plenty of bunnies over the last few months but his story grabbed me. I guess you just know when it's right... right?!

I always think that when it comes to pets our hearts are like a balloon. The love we feel for new pets will never displace the love we have for the ones we lost. Our hearts just grow a little bit bigger.

What a lovely sentiment, SLH, I am going to copy that down. :love:

Roxy, I know the decision had to be difficult and it must still feel so raw. I am in tears often over Pip passing away. Were I able to have more bunnies I would've found a friend for Fiver and Mimzy, but there is no way I can do that now. As it is, I am worried that when Mimzy passes, provided he does go before Fiver, that Fiver will pine himself away and I'll lose him too. He seems to be better now after some time has passed since Pip, so I am not thinking as much of letting him go when Mimzy is gone, but I do worry he will be lonely. :cry:

Bunnies are a complex set of beings...some are so stalwart and others just fall apart when ill or having lost partners. It is a wonderful thing you are doing by giving this bun a chance at a new life. Bless you, he does look like there's a lot of mischief in his DNA! :shock: Good luck and I hope a happy couple will ensue! :love: xxxx

What a lovely sentiment, SLH, I am going to copy that down. :love:

Roxy, I know the decision had to be difficult and it must still feel so raw. I am in tears often over Pip passing away. Were I able to have more bunnies I would've found a friend for Fiver and Mimzy, but there is no way I can do that now. As it is, I am worried that when Mimzy passes, provided he does go before Fiver, that Fiver will pine himself away and I'll lose him too. He seems to be better now after some time has passed since Pip, so I am not thinking as much of letting him go when Mimzy is gone, but I do worry he will be lonely. :cry:

Bunnies are a complex set of beings...some are so stalwart and others just fall apart when ill or having lost partners. It is a wonderful thing you are doing by giving this bun a chance at a new life. Bless you, he does look like there's a lot of mischief in his DNA! :shock: Good luck and I hope a happy couple will ensue! :love: xxxx

It really does feel raw. We never got Bianca for us, we got Bianca for Bill, so to see her with another bunny when Bill never got a chance to enjoy his life with her will be difficult.
I have fallen in love with Bianca though and she deserves to be happy. I know that I will fall in love with Henry too :)

Here he is again...
1vz47.jpg

I mean... who wouldn't love him?!

It really does feel raw. We never got Bianca for us, we got Bianca for Bill, so to see her with another bunny when Bill never got a chance to enjoy his life with her will be difficult.
I have fallen in love with Bianca though and she deserves to be happy. I know that I will fall in love with Henry too :)

Here he is again...
1vz47.jpg

I mean... who wouldn't love him?!

Peek-a-boo! :D
Gosh what a stunner he is! :) I am just all melty over that face. Bianca will be smitten I'm sure! :love:

Thank you everyone. Me and my o/h have both shed a few tears today over this decision. It still feels very raw to us but Bianca deserves a friend so we have to bite the bullet. He is a beautiful boy that has had a hard time and he isn't coping well without a friend of his own :( I've seen plenty of bunnies over the last few months but his story grabbed me. I guess you just know when it's right... right?!

Yes you absolutely do know when it's right!

I adopted an unwanted rabbit recently and then instantly questioned whether I'd done the right thing - for various reasons. But I knew it was right at the time, even though it felt strange.

I would love to hear more about him, if you know his story. He does look like a rabbit who will open up, trust, and give a lot back - including lots of mischief!

Yes you absolutely do know when it's right!

I adopted an unwanted rabbit recently and then instantly questioned whether I'd done the right thing - for various reasons. But I knew it was right at the time, even though it felt strange.

I would love to hear more about him, if you know his story. He does look like a rabbit who will open up, trust, and give a lot back - including lots of mischief!

I don't know too much about him really. He's approximately 3 years old and came to the rescue in November as part of a hoarding case. The household had 56 rabbits!
He had a friend named Ruby that sadly died around a week ago. He is a very nervy bun and is incredibly shy on his own so he needs a friend asap. Hopefully Bea will be a good fit for him <3

Back