Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 116

Thread: A friend for Bianca - photos!

  1. #21
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    28,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    I don't know too much about him really. He's approximately 3 years old and came to the rescue in November as part of a hoarding case. The household had 56 rabbits!
    He had a friend named Ruby that sadly died around a week ago. He is a very nervy bun and is incredibly shy on his own so he needs a friend asap. Hopefully Bea will be a good fit for him <3

    Yes, hopefully Bea can bring him out of his shell.

    With what you've both been through these past long months, Roxy, you're a diamond for putting Bea's needs as priority. Henry will be looking forward to a new life, and that's fantastic for him.

    56 is a *bl@@dy* lot of rabbits

  2. #22
    Mama Doe roxyroller88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Newcastle-U-Lyme
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Yes, hopefully Bea can bring him out of his shell.

    With what you've both been through these past long months, Roxy, you're a diamond for putting Bea's needs as priority. Henry will be looking forward to a new life, and that's fantastic for him.

    56 is a *bl@@dy* lot of rabbits
    Yep! I thought 4 was a lot!

    Well... I must be mad. This is the first peaceful week that we have had in months BUT I'm back to work properly next week. She has been fine having me around 24/7 but I think that she will be lonely without me It's the right time.

  3. #23
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    28,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    Yep! I thought 4 was a lot!

    Well... I must be mad. This is the first peaceful week that we have had in months BUT I'm back to work properly next week. She has been fine having me around 24/7 but I think that she will be lonely without me It's the right time.
    My Max came from a hoarder of 26 rabbits. I saw this in the news of last month ... 176 rabbits

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...animal-cruelty

    Will you be doing the bonding yourself?

  4. #24
    Young Bun Kit06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I recently went through the same thing when one of my pair sadly died. I was adamant I couldn't replace him but my girl was so obviously lost without him so I started to look for a partner for her. I was lucky enough to be able to re-home a lovely boy from RRNW who kindly helped with the bonding as it didn't go well initially when I tried it myself. I just picked the newly-weds up this weekend and incidentally met Henry whilst I was there. He's a really lovely bunny who so needs a new partner of his own. I truly hope he gets on well with your girl. I'm really happy I decided to get my girl a new husbun. My new boy is a joy to have around. Good luck!

  5. #25
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    28,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit06 View Post
    I recently went through the same thing when one of my pair sadly died. I was adamant I couldn't replace him but my girl was so obviously lost without him so I started to look for a partner for her. I was lucky enough to be able to re-home a lovely boy from RRNW who kindly helped with the bonding as it didn't go well initially when I tried it myself. I just picked the newly-weds up this weekend and incidentally met Henry whilst I was there. He's a really lovely bunny who so needs a new partner of his own. I truly hope he gets on well with your girl. I'm really happy I decided to get my girl a new husbun. My new boy is a joy to have around. Good luck!
    Awesome

    What's RRNW? RR North West??

  6. #26
    Mama Doe roxyroller88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Newcastle-U-Lyme
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit06 View Post
    I recently went through the same thing when one of my pair sadly died. I was adamant I couldn't replace him but my girl was so obviously lost without him so I started to look for a partner for her. I was lucky enough to be able to re-home a lovely boy from RRNW who kindly helped with the bonding as it didn't go well initially when I tried it myself. I just picked the newly-weds up this weekend and incidentally met Henry whilst I was there. He's a really lovely bunny who so needs a new partner of his own. I truly hope he gets on well with your girl. I'm really happy I decided to get my girl a new husbun. My new boy is a joy to have around. Good luck!
    Was this Bailey by any chance???
    I really had a soft spot for him and was very tempted but I didn't feel ready

  7. #27
    Mama Doe roxyroller88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Newcastle-U-Lyme
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    My Max came from a hoarder of 26 rabbits. I saw this in the news of last month ... 176 rabbits

    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...animal-cruelty

    Will you be doing the bonding yourself?
    The sad thing about hoarders is that they are usually trying to help the animals. I can almost see how they get themselves in these situations because it's very easy to want to save them all! Luckily I know where to draw the line.

    No, we're not doing the bonding this time. Ideally we would but I can't get the time off work because I've got no holidays left and I've just had 8 weeks off with my leg. I discussed it with the rescue and they are actually going to have Bianca with them for a week to make sure that the bond is strong enough before we bring them home. I'm really hoping that it's an easy bond. Henry is lonely and Bianca is very very friendly. She followed Billy around everywhere when she met him.

  8. #28
    Young Bun Kit06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Yes it was Bailey! He's such a love. So friendly and patient with my girl who has been a real cow bag to him!

    RRNW is Rabbit Rescue North West. They've been fantastic in all respects. Super fast on replying to emails, arranging visits, support during bonding etc. I'd really recommend them and I know they have a long waiting list at the moment.

  9. #29
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    28,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit06 View Post
    Yes it was Bailey! He's such a love. So friendly and patient with my girl who has been a real cow bag to him!

    RRNW is Rabbit Rescue North West. They've been fantastic in all respects. Super fast on replying to emails, arranging visits, support during bonding etc. I'd really recommend them and I know they have a long waiting list at the moment.

    All husbands require a period of training, or 'breaking in' before they are fit for purpose

    Thanks for the recommendation of rescue I shall bear that in mind ...

  10. #30
    Mama Doe roxyroller88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Newcastle-U-Lyme
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit06 View Post
    Yes it was Bailey! He's such a love. So friendly and patient with my girl who has been a real cow bag to him!

    RRNW is Rabbit Rescue North West. They've been fantastic in all respects. Super fast on replying to emails, arranging visits, support during bonding etc. I'd really recommend them and I know they have a long waiting list at the moment.
    I've found them to be very good too. I got Bea from them

    I'm so glad that Bailey has found a lovely new home with you, they actually sent me a message saying that they thought he would be a good fit for Bea but we weren't ready and I've felt guilty ever since. Please start a thread and post some photos because I would love to see more photos of him
    Last edited by roxyroller88; 28-02-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •