Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A friend for Bianca - photos!

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    I don't know too much about him really. He's approximately 3 years old and came to the rescue in November as part of a hoarding case. The household had 56 rabbits!
    He had a friend named Ruby that sadly died around a week ago. He is a very nervy bun and is incredibly shy on his own so he needs a friend asap. Hopefully Bea will be a good fit for him <3

Yes, hopefully Bea can bring him out of his shell.

With what you've both been through these past long months, Roxy, you're a diamond for putting Bea's needs as priority. Henry will be looking forward to a new life, and that's fantastic for him.

56 is a *bl@@dy* lot of rabbits

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Yes, hopefully Bea can bring him out of his shell.

With what you've both been through these past long months, Roxy, you're a diamond for putting Bea's needs as priority. Henry will be looking forward to a new life, and that's fantastic for him.

56 is a *bl@@dy* lot of rabbits
    Yep! I thought 4 was a lot!

Well... I must be mad. This is the first peaceful week that we have had in months BUT I'm back to work properly next week. She has been fine having me around 24/7 but I think that she will be lonely without me It's the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    Yep! I thought 4 was a lot!

Well... I must be mad. This is the first peaceful week that we have had in months BUT I'm back to work properly next week. She has been fine having me around 24/7 but I think that she will be lonely without me It's the right time.
    My Max came from a hoarder of 26 rabbits. I saw this in the news of last month ... 176 rabbits

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...animal-cruelty

Will you be doing the bonding yourself?

I recently went through the same thing when one of my pair sadly died. I was adamant I couldn't replace him but my girl was so obviously lost without him so I started to look for a partner for her. I was lucky enough to be able to re-home a lovely boy from RRNW who kindly helped with the bonding as it didn't go well initially when I tried it myself. I just picked the newly-weds up this weekend and incidentally met Henry whilst I was there. He's a really lovely bunny who so needs a new partner of his own. I truly hope he gets on well with your girl. I'm really happy I decided to get my girl a new husbun. My new boy is a joy to have around. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kit06 View Post
    I recently went through the same thing when one of my pair sadly died. I was adamant I couldn't replace him but my girl was so obviously lost without him so I started to look for a partner for her. I was lucky enough to be able to re-home a lovely boy from RRNW who kindly helped with the bonding as it didn't go well initially when I tried it myself. I just picked the newly-weds up this weekend and incidentally met Henry whilst I was there. He's a really lovely bunny who so needs a new partner of his own. I truly hope he gets on well with your girl. I'm really happy I decided to get my girl a new husbun. My new boy is a joy to have around. Good luck!
    Awesome

What's RRNW? RR North West??

Was this Bailey by any chance???
    I really had a soft spot for him and was very tempted but I didn't feel ready

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    My Max came from a hoarder of 26 rabbits. I saw this in the news of last month ... 176 rabbits

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...animal-cruelty

Will you be doing the bonding yourself?
    The sad thing about hoarders is that they are usually trying to help the animals. I can almost see how they get themselves in these situations because it's very easy to want to save them all! Luckily I know where to draw the line.

No, we're not doing the bonding this time. Ideally we would but I can't get the time off work because I've got no holidays left and I've just had 8 weeks off with my leg. I discussed it with the rescue and they are actually going to have Bianca with them for a week to make sure that the bond is strong enough before we bring them home. I'm really hoping that it's an easy bond. Henry is lonely and Bianca is very very friendly. She followed Billy around everywhere when she met him.

Yes it was Bailey! He's such a love. So friendly and patient with my girl who has been a real cow bag to him!

RRNW is Rabbit Rescue North West. They've been fantastic in all respects. Super fast on replying to emails, arranging visits, support during bonding etc. I'd really recommend them and I know they have a long waiting list at the moment.

Yes it was Bailey! He's such a love. So friendly and patient with my girl who has been a real cow bag to him!

RRNW is Rabbit Rescue North West. They've been fantastic in all respects. Super fast on replying to emails, arranging visits, support during bonding etc. I'd really recommend them and I know they have a long waiting list at the moment.

All husbands require a period of training, or 'breaking in' before they are fit for purpose

Thanks for the recommendation of rescue I shall bear that in mind ...

I've found them to be very good too. I got Bea from them

I'm so glad that Bailey has found a lovely new home with you, they actually sent me a message saying that they thought he would be a good fit for Bea but we weren't ready and I've felt guilty ever since. Please start a thread and post some photos because I would love to see more photos of him
    Last edited by roxyroller88; 28-02-2017 at 03:01 PM.