Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A friend for Bianca - photos!

Warren Veteran

Henry looks lovely with oodles of character I hope that they like each other.

Henry looks a cheeky sweetie. Billy would be proud of you

Mama Doe Scrappy's Little Helper's Avatar

Henry is a gorgeous bun Fingers crossed for a successful date with Bianca xx

I experienced the same feelings you're going through at the moment when Snoopy and I lost Peanut Butter last year. I knew in my heart I had to get Snoopy a new friend quickly (he doesn't mind humans but his favourite thing in the world - after food!-is cuddling up to another bunny) even though it was far too soon for me personally. I was worried about how I would feel towards her. Whether I would resent her for replacing Peanut Butter? In actual fact, when we went to the rescue I just saw a little bun who desperately needed a home and who would give Snoopy the companionship he needed. I'm sure it will be the same for you when you go to meet Henry.

I always think that when it comes to pets our hearts are like a balloon. The love we feel for new pets will never displace the love we have for the ones we lost. Our hearts just grow a little bit bigger.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Bunnies: Snoopy and Chocolate Fudge Cake

At the Bridge: Scrappy My bunny mentor and the beautiful girl who introduced me to the wonderful world of rabbits

Peanut Butter My cheeky boy who came so far in learning to love and trust humans. If only you could have stayed a bit longer

Thank you everyone. Me and my o/h have both shed a few tears today over this decision. It still feels very raw to us but Bianca deserves a friend so we have to bite the bullet. He is a beautiful boy that has had a hard time and he isn't coping well without a friend of his own I've seen plenty of bunnies over the last few months but his story grabbed me. I guess you just know when it's right... right?!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post

I always think that when it comes to pets our hearts are like a balloon. The love we feel for new pets will never displace the love we have for the ones we lost. Our hearts just grow a little bit bigger.
    This is perfect. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappy's Little Helper View Post

What a lovely sentiment, SLH, I am going to copy that down.

Roxy, I know the decision had to be difficult and it must still feel so raw. I am in tears often over Pip passing away. Were I able to have more bunnies I would've found a friend for Fiver and Mimzy, but there is no way I can do that now. As it is, I am worried that when Mimzy passes, provided he does go before Fiver, that Fiver will pine himself away and I'll lose him too. He seems to be better now after some time has passed since Pip, so I am not thinking as much of letting him go when Mimzy is gone, but I do worry he will be lonely.

Bunnies are a complex set of beings...some are so stalwart and others just fall apart when ill or having lost partners. It is a wonderful thing you are doing by giving this bun a chance at a new life. Bless you, he does look like there's a lot of mischief in his DNA! Good luck and I hope a happy couple will ensue! xxxx

For El-ahrairah to cry....

Quote Originally Posted by MimzMum View Post
    What a lovely sentiment, SLH, I am going to copy that down.

Roxy, I know the decision had to be difficult and it must still feel so raw. I am in tears often over Pip passing away. Were I able to have more bunnies I would've found a friend for Fiver and Mimzy, but there is no way I can do that now. As it is, I am worried that when Mimzy passes, provided he does go before Fiver, that Fiver will pine himself away and I'll lose him too. He seems to be better now after some time has passed since Pip, so I am not thinking as much of letting him go when Mimzy is gone, but I do worry he will be lonely.

Bunnies are a complex set of beings...some are so stalwart and others just fall apart when ill or having lost partners. It is a wonderful thing you are doing by giving this bun a chance at a new life. Bless you, he does look like there's a lot of mischief in his DNA! Good luck and I hope a happy couple will ensue! xxxx
    It really does feel raw. We never got Bianca for us, we got Bianca for Bill, so to see her with another bunny when Bill never got a chance to enjoy his life with her will be difficult.
    I have fallen in love with Bianca though and she deserves to be happy. I know that I will fall in love with Henry too

Here he is again...

I mean... who wouldn't love him?!

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    It really does feel raw. We never got Bianca for us, we got Bianca for Bill, so to see her with another bunny when Bill never got a chance to enjoy his life with her will be difficult.
    I have fallen in love with Bianca though and she deserves to be happy. I know that I will fall in love with Henry too

Here he is again...

I mean... who wouldn't love him?!
    Peek-a-boo!
    Gosh what a stunner he is! I am just all melty over that face. Bianca will be smitten I'm sure!

For El-ahrairah to cry....

Quote Originally Posted by roxyroller88 View Post
    Thank you everyone. Me and my o/h have both shed a few tears today over this decision. It still feels very raw to us but Bianca deserves a friend so we have to bite the bullet. He is a beautiful boy that has had a hard time and he isn't coping well without a friend of his own I've seen plenty of bunnies over the last few months but his story grabbed me. I guess you just know when it's right... right?!
    Yes you absolutely do know when it's right!

I adopted an unwanted rabbit recently and then instantly questioned whether I'd done the right thing - for various reasons. But I knew it was right at the time, even though it felt strange.

I would love to hear more about him, if you know his story. He does look like a rabbit who will open up, trust, and give a lot back - including lots of mischief!

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Yes you absolutely do know when it's right!

I adopted an unwanted rabbit recently and then instantly questioned whether I'd done the right thing - for various reasons. But I knew it was right at the time, even though it felt strange.

I would love to hear more about him, if you know his story. He does look like a rabbit who will open up, trust, and give a lot back - including lots of mischief!

I don't know too much about him really. He's approximately 3 years old and came to the rescue in November as part of a hoarding case. The household had 56 rabbits!
    He had a friend named Ruby that sadly died around a week ago. He is a very nervy bun and is incredibly shy on his own so he needs a friend asap. Hopefully Bea will be a good fit for him <3