• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Bianca - photos!

I don't know too much about him really. He's approximately 3 years old and came to the rescue in November as part of a hoarding case. The household had 56 rabbits!
He had a friend named Ruby that sadly died around a week ago. He is a very nervy bun and is incredibly shy on his own so he needs a friend asap. Hopefully Bea will be a good fit for him <3

Yes, hopefully Bea can bring him out of his shell.

With what you've both been through these past long months, Roxy, you're a diamond for putting Bea's needs as priority. Henry will be looking forward to a new life, and that's fantastic for him.

56 is a *bl@@dy* lot of rabbits :shock::shock:

Yes, hopefully Bea can bring him out of his shell.

With what you've both been through these past long months, Roxy, you're a diamond for putting Bea's needs as priority. Henry will be looking forward to a new life, and that's fantastic for him.

56 is a *bl@@dy* lot of rabbits :shock::shock:

Yep! I thought 4 was a lot!

Well... I must be mad. This is the first peaceful week that we have had in months BUT I'm back to work properly next week. She has been fine having me around 24/7 but I think that she will be lonely without me :( It's the right time.

Yep! I thought 4 was a lot!

Well... I must be mad. This is the first peaceful week that we have had in months BUT I'm back to work properly next week. She has been fine having me around 24/7 but I think that she will be lonely without me :( It's the right time.

My Max came from a hoarder of 26 rabbits. I saw this in the news of last month ... 176 rabbits :shock:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/12/hoarding-rabbits-brooklyn-dorota-trec-animal-cruelty

Will you be doing the bonding yourself?

I recently went through the same thing when one of my pair sadly died. I was adamant I couldn't replace him but my girl was so obviously lost without him so I started to look for a partner for her. I was lucky enough to be able to re-home a lovely boy from RRNW who kindly helped with the bonding as it didn't go well initially when I tried it myself. I just picked the newly-weds up this weekend and incidentally met Henry whilst I was there. He's a really lovely bunny who so needs a new partner of his own. I truly hope he gets on well with your girl. I'm really happy I decided to get my girl a new husbun. My new boy is a joy to have around. Good luck!

I recently went through the same thing when one of my pair sadly died. I was adamant I couldn't replace him but my girl was so obviously lost without him so I started to look for a partner for her. I was lucky enough to be able to re-home a lovely boy from RRNW who kindly helped with the bonding as it didn't go well initially when I tried it myself. I just picked the newly-weds up this weekend and incidentally met Henry whilst I was there. He's a really lovely bunny who so needs a new partner of his own. I truly hope he gets on well with your girl. I'm really happy I decided to get my girl a new husbun. My new boy is a joy to have around. Good luck!

Awesome :love:

What's RRNW? RR North West??

Was this Bailey by any chance???
I really had a soft spot for him and was very tempted but I didn't feel ready :(

My Max came from a hoarder of 26 rabbits. I saw this in the news of last month ... 176 rabbits :shock:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/12/hoarding-rabbits-brooklyn-dorota-trec-animal-cruelty

Will you be doing the bonding yourself?

The sad thing about hoarders is that they are usually trying to help the animals. I can almost see how they get themselves in these situations because it's very easy to want to save them all! Luckily I know where to draw the line.

No, we're not doing the bonding this time. Ideally we would but I can't get the time off work because I've got no holidays left and I've just had 8 weeks off with my leg. I discussed it with the rescue and they are actually going to have Bianca with them for a week to make sure that the bond is strong enough before we bring them home. I'm really hoping that it's an easy bond. Henry is lonely and Bianca is very very friendly. She followed Billy around everywhere when she met him.

Yes it was Bailey! He's such a love. So friendly and patient with my girl who has been a real cow bag to him!

RRNW is Rabbit Rescue North West. They've been fantastic in all respects. Super fast on replying to emails, arranging visits, support during bonding etc. I'd really recommend them and I know they have a long waiting list at the moment.

Yes it was Bailey! He's such a love. So friendly and patient with my girl who has been a real cow bag to him!

RRNW is Rabbit Rescue North West. They've been fantastic in all respects. Super fast on replying to emails, arranging visits, support during bonding etc. I'd really recommend them and I know they have a long waiting list at the moment.

All husbands require a period of training, or 'breaking in' before they are fit for purpose :lol:;)

Thanks for the recommendation of rescue :wave: I shall bear that in mind ...

I've found them to be very good too. I got Bea from them :)

I'm so glad that Bailey has found a lovely new home with you, they actually sent me a message saying that they thought he would be a good fit for Bea but we weren't ready and I've felt guilty ever since. Please start a thread and post some photos because I would love to see more photos of him :love:

Last edited:
All the time you were answering my thread about Snowflake, I had no idea you'd recently lost one of your bunnies :( I'm so sorry!
I completely understand what you're feeling about betraying Bill, I felt the exact same way about Willow, and that was before I even got any more bunnies. I didn't think I could ever have another or I'd feel like I was betraying her. As it turned out I got Maple and Jazzie one week before I lost her. Otherwise I might have never had anymore rabbits. At first I felt disloyal to her but with time I realized that I could love them without it taking away my love for her. She will always have a special place in my heart, and I will always miss her. She was everything to me, my best friend. But that will never change. As I've had more since I've come to realize that each one is unique and each one will have a special place in your heart. They can never be replaced, so don't think that by having another rabbit you're trying to replace the one you had before. You're simply offering another rabbit the chance for your love. And also giving Bianca the companionship she needs. You're not being disloyal to Bill, he'd want you to be happy and to enjoy your time with your new family member.
And wow he's cute! Such a sad past :( I can somewhat understand that people want to rescue them all. If I had the time, space and money I'd probably have a lot more too - though not quite to that level! But I know that at the moment eight is the maximum I can look after. Financially that's just been jeopardized too, though that was due to some completely unforseen circumstances. And my lot certainly keep me busy enough! ;)
Just remember that you are not replacing anyone. You can love more than one rabbit without taking anything away from the ones you've had before.
I really hope the bond goes well xx

All the time you were answering my thread about Snowflake, I had no idea you'd recently lost one of your bunnies :( I'm so sorry!
I completely understand what you're feeling about betraying Bill, I felt the exact same way about Willow, and that was before I even got any more bunnies. I didn't think I could ever have another or I'd feel like I was betraying her. As it turned out I got Maple and Jazzie one week before I lost her. Otherwise I might have never had anymore rabbits. At first I felt disloyal to her but with time I realized that I could love them without it taking away my love for her. She will always have a special place in my heart, and I will always miss her. She was everything to me, my best friend. But that will never change. As I've had more since I've come to realize that each one is unique and each one will have a special place in your heart. They can never be replaced, so don't think that by having another rabbit you're trying to replace the one you had before. You're simply offering another rabbit the chance for your love. And also giving Bianca the companionship she needs. You're not being disloyal to Bill, he'd want you to be happy and to enjoy your time with your new family member.
And wow he's cute! Such a sad past :( I can somewhat understand that people want to rescue them all. If I had the time, space and money I'd probably have a lot more too - though not quite to that level! But I know that at the moment eight is the maximum I can look after. Financially that's just been jeopardized too, though that was due to some completely unforseen circumstances. And my lot certainly keep me busy enough! ;)
Just remember that you are not replacing anyone. You can love more than one rabbit without taking anything away from the ones you've had before.
I really hope the bond goes well xx

Thank you :love:
We lost him in November. We had just adopted Bianca to be his friend and we lost him whilst bonding them. He was fine one minute and in stasis the next. We took him to the vets, got him treated and even had him admitted but he had a seizure and then passed away a few minutes later. We weren't expecting it at all and we are still completely heartbroken. I think that we always will be though and we could put off getting a new friend for Bea forever based on how we feel about Bill. Unfortunately he is no longer here so we have to focus on Bea now. Xx

Oh goodness.. Yes, I can understand how you feel now. I lost Maple in November too, also to stasis (and suspected EC), and it hurts like it was yesterday. She was admitted overnight, I kept calling and things seemed to be okay then all of a sudden early hours they called to say she had collapsed and we needed to let her go. By the time we got up there it was too late. Deep down I think I knew but I left her thinking I'd at least get to see her again to say goodbye. Rabbits are so precious but so fragile. You did everything right in trying to get him a friend and you're doing right now in trying to get Bea a friend. Putting her before your own feelings is a truly selfless thing to do. I'm sure things will be fine and the bond will go well.
I'm truly sorry for your loss. Remember Bill, all the love he gave you and how precious he was. And enjoy your new two, don't hold back from showing them the same love. From my experience the best thing you can do is focus on the ones you still have, they're counting on you. If I didn't have my others I wouldn't have been able to cope with Willow's loss, and then later Maple. They gave me the strength to go on each day.

A new photo of Henry :love:

6gv59e.jpg

I don't know whether to change his name... I always get used to the names they come with and then nothing else ever feels right. I never would have chosen Billy or Bianca but I can't imagine them being called anything else now!

Back