• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A friend for Bianca - photos!

Thank you :)
The rescue are really happy with how it's going and they think that they are a good match so I'm very optimistic. Can't wait to have them home now :)

Such a lovely thread. Bianca with her little going away bag :love:& then the happy couple. It must be today they are coming home? Many well wishes for that

We are on our way to get them now :)
Apparently Bea has already brought Henry out of his shell a little. He loves the company of other bunnies but is a little wary of humans. I hope that we can change that!

We're home :)
They are in a 2ft x 6ft pen for today. Henry is quite shy but he's actually being very brave. They've given each other a couple of kisses and Bea tried to hump him once but other than that they seem very relaxed together so far.

We're home :)
They are in a 2ft x 6ft pen for today. Henry is quite shy but he's actually being very brave. They've given each other a couple of kisses and Bea tried to hump him once but other than that they seem very relaxed together so far.

Cool, calm vibes winging over for the happy pair (and the rabbits :D)

The only problem that we are having so far is that Bea doesn't want to stay in the pen. She's sticking her nose through the gaps and biting the bars. I'm worried that she will get her head stuck so trying to find a way of making it safe for her. She never did this before! I guess she knows that she is home and what's beyond the pen this time :roll:

The only problem that we are having so far is that Bea doesn't want to stay in the pen. She's sticking her nose through the gaps and biting the bars. I'm worried that she will get her head stuck so trying to find a way of making it safe for her. She never did this before! I guess she knows that she is home and what's beyond the pen this time :roll:

Ah yes, I've seen that before :roll:

When will you be able to release them both?

I don't know really. She said try to keep them in the pen for 24 hours and then go from there. I guess it's just to get an idea of how Bea will act now that she is at home and it's her territory but they are both being very good. I think that I will make the pen quite a lot bigger tomorrow and if that goes ok then I will let them have the room :)

Oh I can empathise! I went through the bar chewing with Snoopy when I bonded him with Fudgie. I have to admit it was very hard to stand firm as I felt sorry for him cooped up in a small space when he'd always had the run of the flat. Have to say it did get better once I started extending out. Hopefully Bianca will settle down soon and I hope the bonding is still going well. xx

We've just given them their evening pellets and Bea was quite possessive over them. She stood over them and sort of blocked Henry from getting them. No aggression though. Should I just scatter them a little further around next time to help him get his share? Xx

We've just given them their evening pellets and Bea was quite possessive over them. She stood over them and sort of blocked Henry from getting them. No aggression though. Should I just scatter them a little further around next time to help him get his share? Xx

This is what I would do. It might help also when you increase the size of their pen a bit today, as it will make it less easy for her to become possessive over parts of it.

I hope it all continues to go well.

I scatter feed with a group of bunnies anyway,to prevent any food wars :)

I scattered them a bit further afield and she still tried to do it but he managed to get some. I don't know how I manage it but I always manage to find a bunny that is much greedier than the last one. Henry is a very impressive greens eater. I've never seen anything like it. He just grabs the whole pile and munches it all in one go! :lol:
They were great through the night and I've just made the pen bigger :)

How quickly and how much do you reckon I can expand their space?
They were in a small bonding cage on Wednesday, Thursday-Saturday they were in a 2ft x 4ft hutch and then on Sunday they were in a run. When we brought them home yesterday we put them in a 2ft x 6ft pen and today we have them in a pen thats around 3ft x 7ft but it's a bit of an odd shape, it works out at around 22 sq ft.
They have been grooming each other since day one, no aggression at all (touch wood) and I've only seen Bea try to hump him maybe 2 or 3 times when we first got them home yesterday.
I don't want to rush things at all but I don't like penning them :)

Back