• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay! Woohoo!

Pippin'sMum

Alpha Buck
This should really be in the 'Happiness' thread, but I'll put it on here. A few weeks ago I lost Smartie, my Nethie boy, with a huge bladder stone, leaving his widow Toffee. I have another widow, Apple, who lost her husbun Pippin last summer, so now two single does. Apple is getting on a bit, she's nearly 8, and Toffee's about 4. I thought about rebonding Apple so got a Lionhead cross boy from our Rescue, this is Parsley. I tried several times to bond them, but she wouldn't entertain him at all and got really stressed about it, so I gave up.

Now I've decided to try Parsley with Toffee. She lives outside in an extensive run and is very territorial. Parsley is a housebun, as I had nowhere else to keep him after Apple rejected him (she's outside too). so today I got up early, determined to give it a go with these two and it's gone like a dream. I put Toffee out in a part of the garden where Parsley goes out when the weather's nice, and then put him out. There was some interest from both parties but no aggression/chasing/furpulling/fighting, nothing. He goes to sniff her, and has tried a few times to hump her (from both ends!) but she just moves out of his way. They have come nose to nose, but again she just moves away. They have both been doing their own thing, eating what bit of grass there is out there, and ambling about. They are now in the garage (I have a door between the kitchen and the garage, where their haybales are stored along with all his toys, tunnels, etc, and he lives most of the time between the kitchen and garage, I only let him in the rest of the house when I'm home, he's quite destructive) and they are quite happy in there now, again just ambling about. I'm sooo pleased, I'm sure they will be happier together, I worry about them both being on their own, but have been even more worried about bonding them and them fighting or not getting on. I got some gentle encouragement from MightyMax, for which I thank you! It's lovely to have other peoples' experience to fall back on.

I'm not counting my chickens, but it looks like it's going the right way. Fingers crossed for me (and them!) :D

This should really be in the 'Happiness' thread, but I'll put it on here. A few weeks ago I lost Smartie, my Nethie boy, with a huge bladder stone, leaving his widow Toffee. I have another widow, Apple, who lost her husbun Pippin last summer, so now two single does. Apple is getting on a bit, she's nearly 8, and Toffee's about 4. I thought about rebonding Apple so got a Lionhead cross boy from our Rescue, this is Parsley. I tried several times to bond them, but she wouldn't entertain him at all and got really stressed about it, so I gave up.

Now I've decided to try Parsley with Toffee. She lives outside in an extensive run and is very territorial. Parsley is a housebun, as I had nowhere else to keep him after Apple rejected him (she's outside too). so today I got up early, determined to give it a go with these two and it's gone like a dream. I put Toffee out in a part of the garden where Parsley goes out when the weather's nice, and then put him out. There was some interest from both parties but no aggression/chasing/furpulling/fighting, nothing. He goes to sniff her, and has tried a few times to hump her (from both ends!) but she just moves out of his way. They have come nose to nose, but again she just moves away. They have both been doing their own thing, eating what bit of grass there is out there, and ambling about. They are now in the garage (I have a door between the kitchen and the garage, where their haybales are stored along with all his toys, tunnels, etc, and he lives most of the time between the kitchen and garage, I only let him in the rest of the house when I'm home, he's quite destructive) and they are quite happy in there now, again just ambling about. I'm sooo pleased, I'm sure they will be happier together, I worry about them both being on their own, but have been even more worried about bonding them and them fighting or not getting on. I got some gentle encouragement from MightyMax, for which I thank you! It's lovely to have other peoples' experience to fall back on.

I'm not counting my chickens, but it looks like it's going the right way. Fingers crossed for me (and them!) :D

Oooh what fantastic news P :D I am so glad I helped you - I thought you had gone quiet :lol:

I am so pleased. Hopefully they will carry on being nice to one another and it will all work out.

Keep chilled and think positive :D

That's great news :) I think sometimes rabbits can just click really quickly, it was love at first sight for our Dottie and Darwin (Sadly we lost him 6 weeks later to illness) x

U/D Toffee and Parsley have gone out today into her accommodation outside in the garden after several weeks in the garage and kitchen. Both were very excited to be outside, and I think Toffee was relieved to be back out on the grass, she seemed quite depressed over the last few days. I'll try to post some pictures later.

U/D Toffee and Parsley have gone out today into her accommodation outside in the garden after several weeks in the garage and kitchen. Both were very excited to be outside, and I think Toffee was relieved to be back out on the grass, she seemed quite depressed over the last few days. I'll try to post some pictures later.

So you've done it!! Wow, well done you :D

photo.php

Can't get it to show photo copied from FB......grrr!:oops:

Last edited:
Yes, that's how I tried to do it, but it won't 'paste' the photo. Never mind, I'll get on Photobucket and go from there. Hope you're OK MM xx

Back