• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Interesting re Welfare Hutch pipe connectors!

catherine09

Mama Doe
I had always favoured Runaround connectors as feared the WH wooden ones would be nibbled and / or rot over time and this could be a safety issue.

Seems that there has been an issue, as read this on WH's website today!

"Please note our pipe connector plates are now made from black plastic this makes them more durable and discourages nibbling!"

Much happier about considering their new and improved Plastic connectors now :thumb:

Interesting. I've got the wooden ones on my two Welfare Hutches and have have had no nibbling at all. The issue I have had is that one of the wooden connectors on the outside of one of the runs has started to rot in the rain - the others are all well covered with waterproof covers so they are all fine. I might have to look at buying a plastic one for the exposed area.

When I had my outdoor bunnies I had the runaround pipes and connectors (before welfare hutch did them) and they are made from a kind of thick Perspex material, very solid, and even my most determined chewers couldn't get their teeth into it :thumb: they withstood all weathers too :thumb:

Back