• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny flakes out !!!!!!

gina paul

Mama Doe
Hi , I kinda new here , so erm cough cough , hello , just a question tho , my bunny takes a mad turn and then "flops" , he throws himself down and kinda twists his body at the same time . I think its hilarious but the first time he done that I thought he was dead !!!! Anyone have any idea just why he does this . He also throws his paws over my shoulder when I bend down to give him a cuddle , Its like he,s cuddling me back , and the kisses are very frequent , he loves licking my face but then I remember that he eats his poo !!!!!! :lol:

He might be having a Binky, just means he's a very happy bun :D ... I know what you mean about bunny kisses, aren't they just the sweetest... just don't think about the poop thou :lol:

ha ha , you should see him tho , he,s flippin mental ... I love him so much tho and when i,m at home he follows me around the house , he even sleeps with me and my fiance " he has a little cat dome " but its on the bed !!!!!

ha ha , that is so what cheeky does , he,s actually sitting at my feet just now and he only done it again 5 min ago ....

Hi, It's great to see a rabbit when it does that as everyone has said happy bunny. Ebony was always flopping onto her back with legs in the air it was so funny to watch my husband always tried to get a picture but by the time he was ready she would roll back~lol. recently Peter has started to do it.

Tracey

Mubby does that!!! lol

he can just be standing there then suddenly he falls down on his side ( i say it looks likes he's been shot! lol) its so quick and VERYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cute :lol: :lol: :lol:

i looked it up a few weeks ago and found this !

" Very relaxed rabbits will roll onto their sides or even on their backs. A favorite way to do this is to first twist one's head sideways, then fling the rest of the body into line so that the feet fly out to the side. This is called a "flop" and indicates a very happy bunny. A happy rabbit may lie on its side (or back), and stretch or wiggle or sometimes just hold still there. It may even roll its eyes a bit so that the white shows. When you first see this you will probably be afraid your rabbit is dead, because it looks pretty odd. If you rush over to give it CPR, it will quickly right itself and look strangely at you for disturbing a nice stretch."

:D

Roo does this too, had to explain to my mum when she was rabbit sitting that if roo suddenly drop to the flop and rolled on his side don't panic not having fit or dead just very happy. Can't repeat what she said about mad rabbits. But now she is a fully fledge rabbit lover who loves nothing better that coming over and getting a rabbit cuddle. When we went on holiday before i could phone her, she would phone me and tell how her and roo were sitting on the sofa watching eastenders her with a glass of wine and him with a carrot.:lol:

rooster said:
When we went on holiday before i could phone her, she would phone me and tell how her and roo were sitting on the sofa watching eastenders her with a glass of wine and him with a carrot.:lol:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! lol :lol:

Yes. I can remember when I first got Charlie, my first ever bun, seeing him doing that and saying to my mum "oh my god, he's died!!" It was such a fright, I was so relieved when he got up.

Having said that, four years down the line, I had a huge fright on Monday at lunch time: I always come home and give the bunnies some hay during my break and, this Monday, I was wandering around saying hello to the dawgies and looked over to Lennie's cage and he was stretched out in a way I had never seen before and he looked stiff!!! I went into panic and literally into shock - thought how normal he had seemed a few hours earlier when I had left for work and just as thoughts of "how could it have possibly happened?" were cascading over me and I was about to open the cage to lift the little body out......he moved and stood bolt upright. It was a HUGE relief I can tell you but the shock had already set in and I burst into tears!!!! Laughed too!!! :D It was very scary! The poor chap is only just over a year old.

oh god , cheekys done that before , he plays dead and just as the panic sets in he jumps to his feet as looks at me as if to say ( ha ha , fooled you ) .. little ****** . :lol:

Back