• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snowball April 2011 - 19th February 2017 - a year already

ANNASBUNNIES

Warren Scout
I first got Snowball in April 2011 she was 8 weeks old from Pets at Home to be with my rabbit Thumper as Thumper’s sister Fudge had died of cancer and I felt she needed company. My youngest son chose her from all the rabbits there. The photo below is when we first got her.

I introduced her to Thumper but Thumpers teeth started getting worst and she look so sad so I made the decision not to put her through any more filing down of her teeth and put her to sleep, I could tell by her eyes that she had no more fight left. That was one of the hardest things I had to do.

So again I was left with one rabbit, my Beautiful Snowball, she was such a lovely girl, feisty and very dominant, I loved her character many would have probably given up on her but that was just how she was and it made her who she was.

I then got Gizmo in May 2011 from a breeder. He was definitely the right match for her as he is so laid back and gentle a real softie. I had never had a male rabbit even in my teenage years they were both girls.

I started introducing them gradually as they both needed to be desexed.

The were put together in September 2011 and bonded straight away. My oldest son and I stayed up all night to keep an eye on them.

That was it they were in love. I had never bonded rabbits as my other pair were sisters and had always been together but they were so easy to bond, I definitely made the right choice choosing Gizmo for her.

This was the last photo I have of her taken Friday 17th February 2017 with her Gizmo. 2 days later she had gone.

I miss you so much my baby girl, I am so glad you waiting for me to be there with you so I could cuddle you and stroke you.

I left you there for Gizmo to say goodbye to you for a few hours he had definitely been near you as he left you a present of poo on your back and between your front paws what a gentleman lol

He is coping ok he has a little toy lamb which he has been grooming. Don't worry Snowball I will give him extra loves as your not there for him now. I honestly thought he would be the one to go first with his problems with his tear duct, but you had lost so much weight and your fur was falling out, I wish I could have done more my baby girl.

You will be in my heart forever just like Thumper and Fudge and I hope you are doing lots binkies with them and all the other beautiful bunnies that have been lost.

All my love forever Snowball xxxx

Last edited:
Anna, this is heartbreakingly sad, but so beautiful. You loved your little girl so much.

Sending you love and hugs on her passing. I'm so glad she was with you when she left xx

Sleep tight gorgeous Snowball, so sad she had to leave the wonderful life she had with you xx

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :cry: What a beautiful bunny she was. ((((((Huge hugs)))))
Sleep well, Snowball. xxxx

Can’t believe it’s been a year since you had to leave me my gorgeous girl, there isn’t a day that I don’t think about you and have a tear in my eye.

I am looking after Gizmo as much as I can but I know he still misses you, but he has started giving me the kisses which were meant for you. I wish I could have done more my little Snowball and you dying in my arms will stay with me forever.

I love you so much forever and always my princess xxxxxxx

Last edited:
89VE8xm.jpg

xx

Can’t believe it’s been a year since you had to leave me my gorgeous girl, there isn’t a day that I don’t think about you and have a tear in my eye.

I am looking after Gizmo as much as I can but I know he still misses you, but he has started giving me the kisses which were meant for you. I wish I could have done more my little Snowball and you dying in my arms will stay with me forever.

I love you so much forever and always my princess xxxxxxx

Much love to you Anna :love:

I am always here for you. Hugs xx

Back