• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*NOW IN NEW HOME* Bereaved senior doe seeks new home - Imogen

I messaged Elena this morning to make sure Imogen had behaved herself overnight and not disgraced herself or me! Fortunately, she was a good girl - but give her time Elena ;). She likes to climb and I'm sure you'll find her on that windowsill :lol:.

I absolutely loved your Dad - what a caring attitute he has with your bunnies. I can see he proably spends many hours with them.

Keep the updates coming once bonding starts properly later in the week. My garden is horribly empty right now - this is the first time I've not had any rabbits since about 1991.

I messaged Elena this morning to make sure Imogen had behaved herself overnight and not disgraced herself or me! Fortunately, she was a good girl - but give her time Elena ;). She likes to climb and I'm sure you'll find her on that windowsill :lol:.

I absolutely loved your Dad - what a caring attitute he has with your bunnies. I can see he proably spends many hours with them.

Keep the updates coming once bonding starts properly later in the week. My garden is horribly empty right now - this is the first time I've not had any rabbits since about 1991.

Hugs to you Mackers, it must be really strange to be bunless ...

Vibes for the bonding and that Imogen stays safe! Looks like she's landed on all four paws x

Hehe! She was up in the ottoman this morning, she's getting braver! I laid on the floor with her this morning and she came over to have a sniff of my hair :love:

Aw yeah he loves them, good job really, doubt he'll be getting any grandchildren!! :lol:

It must feel very weird for you. I know when Mini and Smudge were at the vets overnight the place seemed a bit empty.

What a lovely outcome. Hope you're alright Mackers.

It's very odd. I constantly feel like I've forgotten something. I just keep glancing at the run and although I know they're not there, I can't stop looking and expecting to see them sat in their normal spot :(. I'll get used to it eventually.

I thought I'd update everyone. Not started bonding yet but had some encouraging signs. The girls have bumped noses through the baby gate mesh and Imogen is getting braver with me and has started to realise when I go in it usually means foooood!

Also I've been feeding Mini and Smudge next to the gate so she's started to realise her food is next when they start eating. Tonight she started pawing at the gate getting excited for her pellets (and veg and fresh hay!).

It's very odd. I constantly feel like I've forgotten something. I just keep glancing at the run and although I know they're not there, I can't stop looking and expecting to see them sat in their normal spot :(. I'll get used to it eventually.

:( I can imagine it feels very weird. Does a photo help?! This was her today...

8cf8d2c0fbb687d5f70082d4965bbd42.jpg

She's really starting to chill. Dad goes in to open and close the curtains and he says she hardly moves at all. She had a couple of little visitors today. I have a couple of friends whose children like to come visit, supervised by me and they aren't allowed into my room so that the rabbits can move away if they want to, not that Mini ever leaves them alone! I find it's a good opportunity to teach them good rabbit care. They were watching from the gate and she was still flopped. :love:

That's a loverly update and it's great to see her looking so relaxed! I was going to message you later to wish you luck for the big introduction tomorrow. All signs are looking very promising so far. Keeping everything firmly crossed.

I've been thinking about you all day today Elena.............keeping everything very firmly crossed and double-crossed for a positive introduction tomorrow. I'll be keeping a close watch on the forum for updates.

Aw thank you. I've just been setting up the pen ready for when I get in from work tomorrow afternoon. :D

I don't want to speak too soon but it seems to be going ok. Mini and Imogen had a small spat and Imogen and Smudge have had a slightly bigger spat. Always the ones you think will be fine! But that's all, Mini and Smudge are mainly just eating the hay. Imogen has flopped in the bonding pen but is keeping an eye on them. Smudge is thumping quite a bit, I think he would like to hump Imogen but she doesn't want it, hence the earlier spat, Imogen is a bit bigger than him though!

I don't want to speak too soon but it seems to be going ok. Mini and Imogen had a small spat and Imogen and Smudge have had a slightly bigger spat. Always the ones you think will be fine! But that's all, Mini and Smudge are mainly just eating the hay. Imogen has flopped in the bonding pen but is keeping an eye on them. Smudge is thumping quite a bit, I think he would like to hump Imogen but she doesn't want it, hence the earlier spat, Imogen is a bit bigger than him though!

eeek, so exciting. I hope it progresses well. And erm, photos please :oops: when you are able

(Smudge so reminds me of Noodle bridge bun :love:)

Sounding hopeful :D

Lots of vibes for a successful and stress free (for you and the buns) bonding :D

Hopefully this works! Please ignore the tv noise! I find having some noise around helps calm them a bit.

Back