• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*NOW IN NEW HOME* Bereaved senior doe seeks new home - Imogen

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
IMOGEN, 7 YEAR OLD WHITE LIONHEAD.

This day has come sooner than I hoped but I knew that, eventually, it would. Georgeypudding kindly allowed Imogen to come and live with me as a companion for Benji following the loss of both their respective partners. When I took her on, it was on the understanding that I would be taking a break from keeping bunnies when Benji passed, and therefore, it is with much sadness that I must now find her a new home. Georgeypudding and I will not let her go to just anyone and as she is currently safe and well here, there is no rush to move her on. But she will quickly get lonely so for her sake, she needs to find a new friend sooner rather than later.

Imogen is approximately 7 years old, neutered and vaccinated against myxi, RHD1 and RHD2. She is partially sighted but aside from ‘scanning’ a little and being easily startled, she copes very well with it to the point that you’d almost never know. She currently lives outdoors but has also lived indoors and is well used to living with dogs and cats. One of my collies loves to sleep pressed up against the run right next to her and she is not at all fazed by this. You will need to regularly trim the fur on her nose and around her eyes to keep her line of vision as clear as possible; she’s quite fluffy -especially in winter! She is VERY good at letting you do this – I use small, battery operated clippers which will go with her to her new home.

Whist she lived with Georgeypudding, she developed EC but this left no lasting symptoms and has not re-occurred during the last 2 years. She has never had dental issues (she’s a complete hay-monster!!) nor has she had a messy bottom. She has a very good appetite and is currently on Science Selective pellets (half to one tablespoon per day) and a fair range of fresh veg – cabbage, kale, spring greens, parsley, carrot tops, rosemary, thyme, dill. She is also on fresh grass 24/7. Her absolute favourite hay is www.timothyhay.co.uk and she goes through this at a rate of knots!

She is currently living in an 8x6 shed with 24/7 access to a 20ft grassed run. I appreciate that this is not something everyone can provide but given that she is used to this much space, I will be looking for a large home for her, certainly no smaller than a 6x2 hutch with a 8x6 run – the bigger the better. If indoors, she would need around 48 sqft of space. I agree with Georgeypudding that I don’t feel Imogen would be suited to a first-time family, nor one with children who are impatient, as she is easily startled and it takes a long time for her to trust you. She doesn’t like being picked up or stroked (although she will now accept nose-rubs from me when it suits her), and she gets scared if you move too quickly due to her eyesight issues, but if you are patient you’ll be rewarded. Having said she doesn’t like to be picked up, once you have her in your arms, she’s very placid and easy to handle.
In terms of her character with other bunnies, she was the easiest and fastest bond I have ever done, being very submissive. I think she would bond just as easily with another female as she would a male, although a male would be preferred. She’s a very caring companion and is always grooming her friends. Sadly, Benji was a lazy boy and returned the favour infrequently! She’s a really sweetie – so placid and easy going. I think she’d easily slot into any partnership or group.

I am in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, but very willing to travel or arrange transport for the right home following a homecheck. If anything goes wrong she must be returned to me.

16835870_1899760356922189_866861286423279472_o.jpg

16797053_1899760596922165_6009033060204319786_o.jpg

15826828_1872139146350977_7087776837552626614_n.jpg

10407723_1596069537291274_3308170430153997693_n.jpg

Last edited:
Oh I am so tempted, I love Imogen [emoji7]

Do you think she'd bond with an active younger lad and an older female?

My Miffy is almost the same as Imogen in terms of eyesight and coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Imogen! :love: Would that I lived there, I'd snap her up as I know Fiver would love a companion who actually enjoys grooms! :D
I am sorry to hear that Benji has gone. :( I do hope someone can take on this lovely girlie, she is so special! :love: xxxx

Oh I am so tempted, I love Imogen [emoji7]

Do you think she'd bond with an active younger lad and an older female?

My Miffy is almost the same as Imogen in terms of eyesight and coat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite honestly, I think she'd bond with anyone as she's so submissive. But even though she's 7, she still very active and can usually be found either 'foraging' underneath the bird table for dropped seeds or digging a hole somewhere she shouldn't!!!!! She adores company and had a really close bond with Benji, so it's torture for me to see her alone. Where in the country are you? Obviously I'd need to see your set-up but I'm happy to travel a long distance for some introductions to see if there's a possibility they may get on. To be honest, I think Imogen would just hunker down and let any new companions do whatever they wanted to her - within reason!

Last edited:
I wonder if she would bond with Jess and Noah...

Is she insured? After Skye's £3,500 vet bill and Noah's ongoing bills (currently about £2,500) I'm very wary about taking on a bunny I can't insure....

I wonder if she would bond with Jess and Noah...

Is she insured? After Skye's £3,500 vet bill and Noah's ongoing bills (currently about £2,500) I'm very wary about taking on a bunny I can't insure....

I thought of you for some reason.;) I can well understand about the insurance.

I don't insure any of my pets as I prefer to keep a veterinary savings account instead. In the 2 years she's lived with me, she's only visited the vet for routine injections. I think there is one company who will insure older bunnies, but I don't know the name of it I'm afraid.

While I would love an easy trio (who wouldn't!) I couldn't give her the attention she needs. Also Lopsy's fantastic at running into Aboleth on her blind side and startling her stupid so maybe not the best home ;P

Best wishes and give me a shout if you need transport north :)

I did have Imogen insured while she was with me but of course I started that before she developed EC and just kept the same policy. She was with P@H insurance :)

This is a very tentative enquiry but would she bond with a pair do you think? She's the same age as Smudge and with Mini being possibly terminal with kidney failure I am in a quandary as to what to do. Imogen may well be the answer but I need to think more about things!

I don't insure any of my pets as I prefer to keep a veterinary savings account instead. In the 2 years she's lived with me, she's only visited the vet for routine injections. I think there is one company who will insure older bunnies, but I don't know the name of it I'm afraid.

I think it was Agria?

But I don't know whether they would insure a bunny of Imogen's age.

This is a very tentative enquiry but would she bond with a pair do you think? She's the same age as Smudge and with Mini being possibly terminal with kidney failure I am in a quandary as to what to do. Imogen may well be the answer but I need to think more about things!

All I can tell you is that she is very submissive and placid and seems to be a 'follower' rather than a 'leader'. She's definitely the most submissive bunny I've ever owned, and I've had a fair few over the years. In my honest opinion, I think she would easily bond with anyone as I believe Georgina found her easy to bond with Sebastian too. But obviously I couldn't say for sure unless it was attempted.

Bereaved senior doe seeks new home - Imogen - 7 year old white lionhead

She sounds adorable! I need to have a chat with my parents as to what they think I should do but I've had a bit of a think and I'm definitely interested if no one has snapped her up yet!

Ok. It seems like there are options :)

Where I am. My two are happy as they are for now, so I am totally happy to be considered for a home but if someone came up who was looking for an older female specifically (like Elena) or somewhere closer / better for another reason then I would happily be a reserve :)

Elena/Catherine - thank you both for your interest in her :love:. I just want Imogen to have company and as much as I hate to have to give her up, her needs are greater than mine. Of course, I would still need to know your set ups but basically just let me know if either of you would like to meet her and I'm sure we can arrange something. As I said, I'm happy to drive wherever I need to go in order to find her the perfect home - even if it's only for a 'get to know you' session. I'm not worried if people change their minds - everyone has to be happy with the decision. She travels OK so a car journey wouldn't worry me too much.

Back