• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Corn on the cob??

My buns eat the dried Corn on the cob. They love it. I only give it to them as a treat though.
They also are very partial to fresh popcorn with just a tiny bit of salt. Yummy Yummy.

My other bunnie used to love popcorn! I didn't feed Wilson it as I was told corn can cause compaction of the bowel so I avoided both fresh and poped corn.

Mine used to get this regularly and they loved it but it was on another forum that I was told it can be dangerous for their bowels and digestion and should NEVER be given - I haven't risked it since. I still give it to the guineas though.

I know some people have fed small quantities of this, but I have heard that it really isn't suitable for their digestive systems, so probably best not, it is also high in sugar.

Julie, where do you live in Northamptonshire, incase I am ever passing (long way away I know :? ), and can bunnynap Honey. What a beautiful bunster - she looks so big and cuddly, and what super douper ears :) .

I know, nothing to do with corn :wink: , but incidentally I used to feed the dried stuff to Rob aswell, but was since advised it wasn't good for him, so don't any more.

Lynn said:
Julie, where do you live in Northamptonshire, incase I am ever passing (long way away I know :? ), and can bunnynap Honey. What a beautiful bunster - she looks so big and cuddly, and what super douper ears :) .
Hands off, she's all mine. (my Forum name is a hint to where I live). She is not that big really, we had her from the RSPCA when she was tiny - she was found in a field. She has always been a bit temperamental but she was spayed recently and we are having to get used to the new improved, more sociable, Honey (although I miss her fiestiness).

Doh - geography never been my strong point :oops:

Fiestiness is good isn't it - I love buns with character. Before Rob was neutered he had a foot fettish, and tired himself out chasing us all over and grunting away. When we stopped, he would dig at our slippers like he was burrowing a hole - so funny :lol:

Aawwwwww, she is gorgeous, and what a lovely name.

We are hoping to bond Rob, and he had his first introduction with a beautiful girl from Lynda's rescue about three weeks ago. Unfortunately Rob has been unwell lately, and is currently is Edinburgh Vets Hospital. He has been in a week today :( , although he is making good progress. We need to get my wee boy Rob back and well again, and then take it from there :)

Mmmmhhh, I have a big garden, a spare bedroom - maybe we could have Gigi, Peaches, and a male friend for Peaches. Oh god, my other half warned I would end up with a houseful of buns if I joined this forum. :lol:

Just to get back to the corn on the cob, I gave my bunnies some a while ago and one of them had a really upset tummy! I had to clean the whole room and the poor bunny needed a good bott bath! So needless to say I've avoided feeding it since!

I have only ever fed corn once. None of them liked it anyway. It is naturally high in sugar which has more to do with my decision on not feeding it. Who says it causes blockages and how many rabbits has it happened too, anyone know?????

Angela

Back