Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corn on the cob??

Default Corn on the cob??

Can my bunnys have this?

My buns eat the dried Corn on the cob. They love it. I only give it to them as a treat though.
    They also are very partial to fresh popcorn with just a tiny bit of salt. Yummy Yummy.

My other bunnie used to love popcorn! I didn't feed Wilson it as I was told corn can cause compaction of the bowel so I avoided both fresh and poped corn.

Mama Doe

Mine used to get this regularly and they loved it but it was on another forum that I was told it can be dangerous for their bowels and digestion and should NEVER be given - I haven't risked it since. I still give it to the guineas though.
    Julie & The Four Legged Ones

I know some people have fed small quantities of this, but I have heard that it really isn't suitable for their digestive systems, so probably best not, it is also high in sugar.

Julie, where do you live in Northamptonshire, incase I am ever passing (long way away I know ), and can bunnynap Honey. What a beautiful bunster - she looks so big and cuddly, and what super douper ears .

I know, nothing to do with corn :wink: , but incidentally I used to feed the dried stuff to Rob aswell, but was since advised it wasn't good for him, so don't any more.

Mama Doe

[quote="Lynn"]Julie, where do you live in Northamptonshire, incase I am ever passing (long way away I know ), and can bunnynap Honey. What a beautiful bunster - she looks so big and cuddly, and what super douper ears .
    Hands off, she's all mine. (my Forum name is a hint to where I live). She is not that big really, we had her from the RSPCA when she was tiny - she was found in a field. She has always been a bit temperamental but she was spayed recently and we are having to get used to the new improved, more sociable, Honey (although I miss her fiestiness).

Doh - geography never been my strong point

Fiestiness is good isn't it - I love buns with character. Before Rob was neutered he had a foot fettish, and tired himself out chasing us all over and grunting away. When we stopped, he would dig at our slippers like he was burrowing a hole - so funny

Mama Doe

There is a baby Honey on Rabbit Rehome (called Peaches) and is so sweet http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=1359 so you could have your very own.

Aawwwwww, she is gorgeous, and what a lovely name.

We are hoping to bond Rob, and he had his first introduction with a beautiful girl from Lynda's rescue about three weeks ago. Unfortunately Rob has been unwell lately, and is currently is Edinburgh Vets Hospital. He has been in a week today , although he is making good progress. We need to get my wee boy Rob back and well again, and then take it from there

Mmmmhhh, I have a big garden, a spare bedroom - maybe we could have Gigi, Peaches, and a male friend for Peaches. Oh god, my other half warned I would end up with a houseful of buns if I joined this forum.