• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gardens and Rabbits IMAGES NEEDED for new book!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Some of you may know that the RWA published a short book called 'Foraging for Rabbits' a couple of years ago. They have now rather wonderfully commissioned me to write a partner book named 'Gardening for Rabbits'.

Its about what plants are suitable and which arent but also I will talk about how people organise their gardens with rabbits - so different approaches to fencing (fencing the garden in or the rabbit out??). Also other features like raised planters, hanging baskets, bedding plants etc etc and also I may have a small section on bunny memorials (Though this is meant to be a short book!!lol).

Obviously I can use a lot of plant images from my own garden but my garden has a very 'rural informal' style and I am looking for lots of otherstyles as well. Colourful bedding, smaller urban gardens etc etc

If you have images that you would be happy to be used please can you PM me and I will send you may email address for images. Images MUST be large enough quality (pixels) for printing so phone images not usually good enough unless you have a super high quality setting on your phone. As a very very rough guide images would be several MB in memory to be suitable (can give details of pixels sizes of people want)

Its all in a good cause for the RWA and you will get a 'credit' under the photo.

Thank you!!!

twigs

Exciting news - a book I've been hoping for for a while being a gardener and sharing mine with/growing for bunnies.

I have some images you might want to use from last summer - bunnies among flowers, herbs, veggies and raised beds etc plus some sharing the garden with my cats. They were taken with a DSLR so would hopefully be high enough resolution though I'm no expert. Will PM you.

How exciting for you - congrats. My garden bunny photos are full of Boo ramming her face with weeds she alledgedly shouldn't :lol:

Exciting news - a book I've been hoping for for a while being a gardener and sharing mine with/growing for bunnies.

I have some images you might want to use from last summer - bunnies among flowers, herbs, veggies and raised beds etc plus some sharing the garden with my cats. They were taken with a DSLR so would hopefully be high enough resolution though I'm no expert. Will PM you.

Thank you! have replied

It might be worth messaging BattleKat (I think). She sent me a beautiful photo a few years ago for something, with a black lop gazing longingly over a teeny, tiny fence (like shorter than the lop herself), into an area with some fresh growing. She may well have some appropriate photos and be willing to let you use them.

I just wanted to say Congratulations! And wish you the best of luck writing and compiling the book. It sounds fabulous!

I've got two cast iron baths that I painted and planted herbs and flowers in for the buns - does that qualify? I intend to plant more stuff into the runs but haven't got round to it yet.

Hi Twigs,

I'm a keen gardener and have lots of photos of the buns eating both things they should (courgette leaves straight from the plant, ornamental grasses), and shouldn't (the camellia! why?!), but, mostly on my phone... happy to send if you wanted to check the res'.

M

My garden bunny photos are full of Boo ramming her face with weeds she alledgedly shouldn't :lol:
Now you've got me wondering if I got the rhubarb with its suspiciously-straight leaf...! And if I did I bet it was with the phone rather than a real camera!

Will PM you, parsnipbun!

Give it a whirl!

See if they are large enough!

Hi Twigs,

I'm a keen gardener and have lots of photos of the buns eating both things they should (courgette leaves straight from the plant, ornamental grasses), and shouldn't (the camellia! why?!), but, mostly on my phone... happy to send if you wanted to check the res'.

M

Sadly, this isn't good enough quality, but I thought it might amuse you. There's nothing toxic in the flower bed - the fence was supposed to stop them eating everything.

Back