• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Galens Garden Goodies

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
A while ago I ordered some apple leaves, pear leaves and raspberry leaves from Galens Garden and my buns wouldn't go anywhere near them!
Since Sylars dental I have managed to convince my o/h to cut back on pellets because he always gave them too many when I wasn't around, their greens (same again) and we have cut out treats altogether apart from foragey stuff. We now have a daily plan and we measure out what we give them. He's not happy and he's accusing me of making them live a life of misery but it's a price that I will happily pay if they stay healthy.
I decided to try them on the Galens Garden stuff again a few day days ago. They didn't show any interest again but I left it around anyway. A few hours later it was gone. I put some more out yesterday and again it went. This morning they heard the bags and came running!
I guess they will eat anything if they are hungry enough :lol: They are still eating lots of hay too so I'm a happy bun mum :)

This is fantastic to read :D Well done! I fully approve :)

I would have thought to eat a few leaves instead of experiencing tummy ache, numerous visits to the vet, being pulled about and having to stay away from his safe home is definitely NOT living a life of misery.

A while ago I ordered some apple leaves, pear leaves and raspberry leaves from Galens Garden and my buns wouldn't go anywhere near them!
Since Sylars dental I have managed to convince my o/h to cut back on pellets because he always gave them too many when I wasn't around, their greens (same again) and we have cut out treats altogether apart from foragey stuff. We now have a daily plan and we measure out what we give them. He's not happy and he's accusing me of making them live a life of misery but it's a price that I will happily pay if they stay healthy.
I decided to try them on the Galens Garden stuff again a few day days ago. They didn't show any interest again but I left it around anyway. A few hours later it was gone. I put some more out yesterday and again it went. This morning they heard the bags and came running!
I guess they will eat anything if they are hungry enough :lol: They are still eating lots of hay too so I'm a happy bun mum :)

Yup, happy bun mum indeed!

I'm glad the buns are enjoying those lovely goodies from Galen's Garden. I used to order from there a lot for Scrappy. She had a sensitive tummy so was on a strict hay and forage diet but I wasn't confident back then to go out and pick the fresh stuff. She used to love the apple and pear leaves. And the plantain :love:

My new order has arrived :) My plan is to put it all in one big tub and to just give them a handful. I've also got some llantain and dandelion. Is everything on the list ok to go in the mix?

I've got
- Blackberry Leaf
- Pear Leaf
- Willow Leaves
- Strawberry Leaf
- Mulberry Leaf
- Raspberry Leaf
- Sunflower Petals
- Apple Leaf
- Marigold Petals
- Echinacea Herb & Flowers
- Lemon Balm
- Coltsfood Leaves

2d296s5.jpg

Boxes of goodies! One for the boys, one for Bea :)
I left out the Echinacea because I recall being told not to give it every day?
Got loads left too :D

They look fabulous. I'm currently struggling to find different nutritious things to feed my Bella as she won't eat any pellets at all and I have very little dried forage left from last year. I'm going to take a look at Galen's Garden, thanks for the tip.

That looks really lovely. The Echinacea will be fine to be fed every day. I've got Echinacea plants growing here and would certainly feed it every day. I think the advice is only for Echinacea as a supplement, as I assume it will then be more concentrated.

I hope all the rabbits enjoy munching it. It's wonderful selection.

That looks really lovely. The Echinacea will be fine to be fed every day. I've got Echinacea plants growing here and would certainly feed it every day. I think the advice is only for Echinacea as a supplement, as I assume it will then be more concentrated.

I hope all the rabbits enjoy munching it. It's wonderful selection.

Thank you :) I'll stick it in the tub then!

That looks lovely ! I'm going to have a good look at their website tomorrow. Glad your buns approve :D

My Galens Garden package arrived today and my two have tucked in to some willow and apple leaves which went down really well. It really does look so much more "professional" somehow to the stuff I dry myself, which I'm now pretty much out of. I'm also excited as I got some of their yarrow, mallow and agrimony seeds, can't wait to plant them!

Glad it went down so well! I wish that I had the confidence to forage myself but knowing my luck I'd probably poison them. Oooh I didn't even see the seeds, maybe something that I can look into :)

Back