• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Losing fur from mites

ANNASBUNNIES

Warren Scout
Think my snowball has mites, she has been to the vets and so far has had 2 doses of ivermectin. The vet has already taken sample to put under the microscope but couldn't find anything today the Vet had taken a skin and fur sample to be sent away to be tested. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced skin problems in their rabbits?

Think my snowball has mites, she has been to the vets and so far has had 2 doses of ivermectin. The vet has already taken sample to put under the microscope but couldn't find anything today the Vet had taken a skin and fur sample to be sent away to be tested. Just wondered if anyone else had experienced skin problems in their rabbits?

Hi there - haven't seen you on here in a while? :wave:

I guess the vet looked for ringworm?

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=18+1800&aid=2494

Hi mightymax, the rabbits have been keeping me me busy lol

No the vet hasn't mentioned ringworm, I will read the article now xx

Mighty max - I went out this morning and she now has the same problem she had last year can't move her back legs - I have Alex the vet but will probably have to take her in Again, money is running out already spent £280 in 2 weeks on them both.

Mighty max - I went out this morning and she now has the same problem she had last year can't move her back legs - I have Alex the vet but will probably have to take her in Again, money is running out already spent £280 in 2 weeks on them both.

Oh Anna, no - that's awful!

Is your vet very good? Do you trust him?

Tell him the dilemma and get him to explain all the possible options and treatments.

So sorry - hugs xx

Oh Anna, no - that's awful!

Is your vet very good? Do you trust him?

Tell him the dilemma and get him to explain all the possible options and treatments.

So sorry - hugs xx

She is now on a course of Pancur for 30 days but if we don't see an improvement or the skin test come back for anything then I may have to say goodbye to her xx I trust him 100% he was the same one that saw her last year xx

She is now on a course of Pancur for 30 days but if we don't see an improvement or the skin test come back for anything then I may have to say goodbye to her xx I trust him 100% he was the same one that saw her last year xx

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and her xx

Update - tests confirm skin mites

So the vet confirmed today she does have skin mites so will be having an another injection for them and have ask for some anti inflammatory for her hind leg weaknesses .

So the vet confirmed today she does have skin mites so will be having an another injection for them and have ask for some anti inflammatory for her hind leg weaknesses .

Glad the vet's seen her and I hope she gets her skin and back leg helped by the treatments.

Vibes for her xx

Glad the vet's seen her and I hope she gets her skin and back leg helped by the treatments.

Vibes for her xx

Thanks Mighty Max - snowball has Loxicom and the dose says 11 units which I have checked with the vet and has confirmed 11 units. Does that sound alright to you?

Back