• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny lump

I've just read this whole thread. I want you to know that my thoughts are with you as you wait with Daisy. She is obviously a dearly loved and cherished bunny. Not enough bunnies in the world get that kind of home. She is blessed.

I hope that whatever transpires, you and Daisy will have precious moments for you to remember, and know that if she is aware of anything, it is that she is deeply loved and adored by you, and that is all a bunny could ever want.

(((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))) xxxx

Hi everyone, daisy is still with us. I've offered her water in a syringe and drinking bottle but she didn't want it. She enjoyed me rubbing her face though even though she's very weak.
She seems very sleepy and weak and her ears are still up listening. It's so sad seeing her like this but I can see she knows I love her and she loves me.
I'll try and reply individually later if that's ok, I'm on my phone writing this. Xxxx

Don't worry about replying individually, just look after yourself, and give Daisy a gentle nose rub from me xxxx

Hi everyone, daisy is still with us. I've offered her water in a syringe and drinking bottle but she didn't want it. She enjoyed me rubbing her face though even though she's very weak.
She seems very sleepy and weak and her ears are still up listening. It's so sad seeing her like this but I can see she knows I love her and she loves me.
I'll try and reply individually later if that's ok, I'm on my phone writing this. Xxxx

Christina, don't trouble yourself to reply individually. We don't expect it, though it shows what a sweet person you are :)

Put your energy to your lovely Daisy. I am still thinking of you both and sending hugs for you and vibes for Daisy.
I hope she has a peaceful passing, knowing how well loved she is with you x

Daisy is on my knee and just had a little drink. She's a little fighter. I'm not sure what we should be doing, if we should be syringe feeding or not.

She drank a bit of water. Her tummy rumbled a bit, I'm worried she has a bad stomach. I can't rub it bevsuse she's too floppy. She's breathing quite fast too.

Maybe just offer her a few of her favourite foods :) Some nice fragrant herbs maybe?
Don't feel bad, just sit with her and talk to her gently. She will appreciate the fact that you are with her.
You are being very strong Christina.
xxxx

Thank you. I felt like I was going to have a nervous breakdown last night :(
I keep going into her and talking. When I rubbed her face not long ago she moaned. She seems to weak to want to eat, yesterday she kept falling asleep with hay in her mouth. I was scared she'd choke.

It must be so difficult but we are all here with you so keep talking to us.
You can't do anything more than you are doing, just spend as much time with her as possible. xxx

Thank you. It's just so hard to know what I'm meant to be doing. I just left her in her box and her little eye was watching as I left. I'm still in my pjs and dressing gown covered in her pee and poop because she can't move to do her business, I've wiped her though. I feel so sorry for her 😕

Thank you pets mum.I feel so bad for he, its like she doesn't want to leave, then I wonder if she's just paralysed but she's not eating anyway and doesn't want to eat anymore. It's like she's very tired and she's just so floppy, i try to position her a little better now and again. I worry that she's too hot or cold.

Thank you. It's just so hard to know what I'm meant to be doing. I just left her in her box and her little eye was watching as I left. I'm still in my pjs and dressing gown covered in her pee and poop because she can't move to do her business, I've wiped her though. I feel so sorry for her 😕

She's a sweetie :love:

You will be glad you spent this time with her, just when she needed you.

Hi Might Max, I know. I feel like i need to spend more time with her but I also feel she needs the peace and quiet too to do what she needs to do. I've been trying to read up about animals and passing and a lot seem to believe they don't fear passing like we do. I hope thats true.

Hi Might Max, I know. I feel like i need to spend more time with her but I also feel she needs the peace and quiet too to do what she needs to do. I've been trying to read up about animals and passing and a lot seem to believe they don't fear passing like we do. I hope thats true.

It's been my experience that this is the case. It's a much more natural part of the life/death cycle for rabbits and they can accept it much more easily. Pain and fear of pain is hard to accept in any species, but a natural loving death is a most marvellous gift for anyone :)

Thank you for that. It's just so hard, she knows I love her but it doesn't feel like enough, I want to make it all better for her and I can't. Her breathing is still quite fast.

Thank you for that. It's just so hard, she knows I love her but it doesn't feel like enough, I want to make it all better for her and I can't. Her breathing is still quite fast.

I know. We always want to take away their pain and make it better. But she knows more than you imagine. She knows how deeply you love, and that if you could possibly take away her burden, you would.

She also knows that it's OK. We all came into this world through some difficulty and pain, and it's often the way of the world to experience that on the way out. It's a mystery indeed, is death. But it's such a natural event for a rabbit.

You are such a kind and caring soul. I am glad you're able to be brave -as much as you can - for her at this time :)

Back