• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny lump

Thank you everyone. I hope she does, I try to make her as happy as I can.
It was just Saturday she hopped out into the garden and grazed.

I know. It's really hard when they are so OK just a short time before. One of mine deteriorated literally overnight - though still bright and eating well.

We can only do our best. You are doing so well and she's lucky to have such a kind Mama x

I'm so sorry, I've just caught up with this thread. Daisy is obviously very much loved, she will know and feel that love around her, which will be a lovely comfort to her. Sending you a big hug xxxx

Thank you, I try to be a good mama to her.
She was sat with her face on my shoulder the other night smiling every time I kissed her, her lips would turn upwards.

She keeps trying to move but can't. I feel so cruel :( I've tried to make her comfortable.

She's been sitting on mums knee, we gave her some pineapple juice as a treat and some watery pellets, she liked it. She's on my knee now. She's quiet and sleepy.

We just got the old big indoor hutch for her. We've filled it with duvet and she's all cosy but when I saw it all filled it reminded me of a big coffin :( I've just been crying in the garden.

I'm thinking of you and sending hugs. It must be so hard for you. She sounds like she is peaceful :love:

Thank you. She seems it. She's like she's sleeping. I keep checking her and kissing her. I've left her in her room so she feels more relaxed. If I brought her to my room her son Runty (who lives in my room and was never neutered) would be jumping around.

I'd like her to go peacefully in her sleep. I'm too scared to sleep, I feel like I'm abandoning her. I didn't sleep last night either.

Thank you. She seems it. She's like she's sleeping. I keep checking her and kissing her. I've left her in her room so she feels more relaxed. If I brought her to my room her son Runty (who lives in my room and was never neutered) would be jumping around.

I'd like her to go peacefully in her sleep. I'm too scared to sleep, I feel like I'm abandoning her. I didn't sleep last night either.

She won't mind if you sleep. You have to take care of yourself.

She's a darling and I can see why you love her so much xx

Thank you, she's always been such a fiesty bunny. Last year when she had her vhd and myxi vaccinations the vet said she was strong and muscley. Daisy has always loved giving me a nip on the boob since she was a baby, it's like a passion thing.it hurt but made me laugh. Good job I'm single or there'd be questions asked 😳

Her breathing is a little pulled now. I held her paw and she squeezed my hand and gave me a tiny nudge as I kissed her nose.

I just went down to see her and she was snoozing, so i offered her her water bottle and she had a few licks, and then she turned and licked my hand.

Thank you. She's my world. I have her 4boys still, I don't know how the two closest to her will take it all. When she's gone to the rainbow bridge I'll have to smoother them in lots of love and give them lots of treats.
I'm shattered but can't sleep, I feel terrible leaving her in her bed. I'm scared to wake up in the morning but I hope she goes peacefully too. I've kissed her lots before coming to bed.

It sounds like your buns are already smothered in love. They are incredibly lucky to have you :)
I hope that you manage to get a little bit of sleep. You need to recharge your batteries. Xxx

Thank you. She's my world. I have her 4boys still, I don't know how the two closest to her will take it all. When she's gone to the rainbow bridge I'll have to smoother them in lots of love and give them lots of treats.
I'm shattered but can't sleep, I feel terrible leaving her in her bed. I'm scared to wake up in the morning but I hope she goes peacefully too. I've kissed her lots before coming to bed.

Thinking of you christina. I hope all's well and you've managed a little rest x

Back