Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 147

Thread: Bunny lump

  1. #21
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christina83 View Post
    Thank you Omi and Zoobec. I popped Daisy back in her bed under the chair with her boys after a big cuddle earlier. She moved around a tiny bit more but not much. She's been eating more basil leaves, carrot tops and a grape. She gets tired after a little exertion.

    I feel like I can't cope with her going. I know she's had a really good life, she's always been pampered and never once had a health problem. She's over 8 and a half years old. I've kept bunnies since I was 8 and I'm 33 now and I still can't cope when they pass away. The bunnies I have now will be my last for a while because I can't deal with this pain anymore. I feel so black and depressed tonight. Appologies if I'm going on too much.

    Christina ((((( hugs )))))

    You are not going on at all. I am so sorry to hear about you and Daisy, but it seems you both have a very special bond with one another.

    I am sorry you feel depressed, but I understand why, and I would feel that way too. You don't want to lose her, and yet you want to do the very best by her.

    Be easy on yourself and see how things pan out over the next few hours/day.

    We are here, supporting you and helping you to deal with this pain. It's so much harder for you because you've been so ill and in pain yourself. Look after yourself, and please post as much as you wish.

    The photos of her are adorable

  2. #22
    Warren Scout christina83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Hi, MightMax, thank you I got myself into a bit of a state earlier. I had a massive cry and after crying myself silly went to see Daisy downstairs and she had a little food, and she gave herself a little wash afterwards. I had Daisy after my Nibbles died and Basil needed a new bunwife. She came into my life after I had been through a bad break up with my ex fiancÚ. Daisy and her baby boys have brought me so much joy, I love them all so much.

  3. #23
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christina83 View Post
    Hi, MightMax, thank you I got myself into a bit of a state earlier. I had a massive cry and after crying myself silly went to see Daisy downstairs and she had a little food, and she gave herself a little wash afterwards. I had Daisy after my Nibbles died and Basil needed a new bunwife. She came into my life after I had been through a bad break up with my ex fiancÚ. Daisy and her baby boys have brought me so much joy, I love them all so much.

    It's amazing how they see us through difficult stretches of our own lives. I find rabbits such valiant and courageous little creatures. Just amazing in their fortitude. They've taught me all manner of things, including how to go on despite everything collapsing all around you - including health.

    Hugs for you x

  4. #24
    Warren Scout christina83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Rabbits are the worlds little miracles. They're too good for this world
    Daisy is on my knee now, has been for a few hours. I know she's dying and I can't pts. Me and mum have spoken about putting her to sleep but we just can't. She's very sleepy and can't move much, she's very weak, the lump is too much for her little body.
    I don't know what to expect with how she will go. I'm scared. I keep checking her breathing and looking at her nose. I'm scared she'll squeal or something. She doesn't seem like she's in pain. She's very sleepy. Her ears are up.

  5. #25
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christina83 View Post
    Rabbits are the worlds little miracles. They're too good for this world
    Daisy is on my knee now, has been for a few hours. I know she's dying and I can't pts. Me and mum have spoken about putting her to sleep but we just can't. She's very sleepy and can't move much, she's very weak, the lump is too much for her little body.
    I don't know what to expect with how she will go. I'm scared. I keep checking her breathing and looking at her nose. I'm scared she'll squeal or something. She doesn't seem like she's in pain. She's very sleepy. Her ears are up.

    Try not to be scared christina. Rabbits are brave souls, and it's good to try and match their bravery with our own at times like this. Breathe deeply and tell yourself over and over that you can and will cope with whatever happens.

    She is going into the unknown before you. She's leaving for a destination you won't see for a long long time. I know she has no choice, but I still believe that takes courage.

    Ask her to keep you brave and courageous so you can both be on the same wavelength when she finally passes.

    You are an amazing person. Hugs for you xx

  6. #26
    Warren Scout christina83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I'm trying not to be scared, I want to be strong for her.
    She's woken up a bit now and is listening to patch and sweep running about. Mums cutting up an old duvet so she can be more cosy under the chair.
    Daisy ate a little porridge this morning, she doesn't usually have it but I thought she needed a treat. Daisy has always loved her hay (unlike her naughty sons lol).

    I know it sounds daft but I hope bunnies don't feel scared passing and I hope they go to a nicer place.

  7. #27
    Warren Scout christina83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Not sure whether to pts or not.

  8. #28
    Warren Scout christina83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I've popped her in her bed and me and mum have just popped to the shop to get a stamp, I need a quick cry in the car for 5mins.

  9. #29
    Wise Old Thumper MightyMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    29,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christina83 View Post
    I've popped her in her bed and me and mum have just popped to the shop to get a stamp, I need a quick cry in the car for 5mins.

    Sending love

  10. #30
    Warren Scout christina83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Thank you. Xxx

    I don't think I can put her to sleep. She's cosy in her bed now. She can't really move but she's all cosy. I'm hoping she'll go peacefully.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •