Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bunny lump

Quote Originally Posted by christina83 View Post
    Hi everyone I just wanted to update about Daisy's lump.

Even though the lump was benign it's continued to grow It's now big. We've been to several vets and sought advice from an exotic vet but they've all said they wouldn't operate, so we've just been watching this growth keep growing. They said if they had operated she may not make it out of the operation because they said her lungs might not be up to it and she might bleed out.
    I'm guessing the lump is a lipoma, they haven't said this to us, but I think it must be.
    She's been quite happy and her naughty self until today. She's still eating well but not moving around as much as she usually does. Her two boys seem to be a little quieter too.

I just feel heartbroken this is happening.

Christina I am so sorry, what a sweet girl Daisy is.

You have had the very best advice, and it seems watching and waiting and giving her the best quality of life is all you can do.

I have had a rabbit with a lump. Sadly in my rabbit's case it was cancerous. There was no way anyone would operate either, so I understand to some degree the situation you are faced with.

My brave little solider continued until it wasn't possible any longer, and had many months of wonderful life with companions.

I hope she continues to eat, and pick up her spirits. She doesn't put a label on her 'illness' as we do, thank goodness, and lives for the day. Each day with her is a bonus for you both.

Love and hugs for you and Daisy x

Warren Veteran

Sending vibes for both you and Daisy. I hope she can remain comfortable for as long as possible.

Hi, I'm so sorry about what happened to Jack, he was a very beautiful bunny.
    I hope you don't mind me asking but did he go naturally or did you pts?

Me and mum have been cuddling Daisy most of the day, her mobility seemed to have gone, but after cuddling her and putting her back under her chair with her boys she ate some hay and threw a treat at me, hehe. I made her comfortable and popped a blanket around her to keep her stable and safe with her hay in front of her, I went to do a few things and she's out from under the chair chewing her favourite box. It's like the lump is too heavy for her I feel cruel but she's eating and cheerful in herself so I don't want to get her pts yet. When she goes her boys will be devastated, they love their mammy

Thank you It's so difficult having a bunny like this. She's loved with it for a couple of months now, and she's held her own and even went in the garden by herself the other day.

I'm so sorry about what happened to your little bunny.

Thank you

Thank you

[IMG][/IMG]

My Daisy. She's the white bunny.

She's on my knee right now having a big cuddle. She's wrapped in blankets. I keep kissing her loads and telling her I love her.
    I'm so scared. My heart is broken.
    I'm scared she's scared.

I was ill over Christmas with glandular fever and have been ill since with tiredness and aches. The illness made me so ill I thought I was dying and I've never felt so scared in my life. I'm scared she feels like I did and my heart is aching too much

Warren Veteran

I'm sorry It must be very hard. Daisy has a lovely face

I'm so sorry she is gorgeous

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Thank you Omi and Zoobec. I popped Daisy back in her bed under the chair with her boys after a big cuddle earlier. She moved around a tiny bit more but not much. She's been eating more basil leaves, carrot tops and a grape. She gets tired after a little exertion.

I feel like I can't cope with her going. I know she's had a really good life, she's always been pampered and never once had a health problem. She's over 8 and a half years old. I've kept bunnies since I was 8 and I'm 33 now and I still can't cope when they pass away. The bunnies I have now will be my last for a while because I can't deal with this pain anymore. I feel so black and depressed tonight. Appologies if I'm going on too much.