• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boots - 5th February 2017

Zoobec

Staff member
We first met Boots in the summer of 2014, whilst helping out at the BARC summer fair. It certainly wasn't our intention to be getting any more rabbits, having already got a quad of bunnies living outside already! However, when we met Boots we fell in love with him :love: this is a photo on that first day :love:

imagejpg1_zps11d481e9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Myself and my daughter went home and managed to convince my OH that we needed Boots in our life.

Boots was found along with 2 other rabbits abandoned in a car park at Meadowhall, the other 2 were named Diego and Dora.

Angie at BARC said we could bring him home, the original intention was for him to live outside with a future wifebun, however, when he arrived home it was obvious that he loved being inside and adored human company. He was so laid back and made himself at home straight away :love:

imagejpg2_zps53a46874.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

imagejpg1_zps3b067990.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

When we had had a cuddle one ear always stayed up for a while afterwards
imagejpg6_zps0abf6df8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

He always did very convincing DBFs :shock:

imagejpg3_zpsab428eb3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

He was a real character and very cheeky - here he is trying to break into the pellet tub :lol:

imagejpg9_zps5f09b282.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

He made it very clear he did not like his pellets served in a bowl :lol:

He always loved cuddles

We have many happy memories of our time together, I just wish it hadn't been cut so short :cry:

As soon as we noticed he was ill - we found him looking confused and his head was kind of vibrating from side to side like a hyper quick scanning movement before he collapsed, we rushed him to the emergency vet and during the journey he tried to get up and then began kicking, and then sadly died :cry:

I'm so very sorry we couldn't save you, Boots. We miss you terribly, I feel lost without you, and I miss you mugging me for banana every morning, always being around, and our lovely long cuddles together. Love you always xx

Beautiful pics showing what a wonderful character Boots had. They also show how relaxed and happy he was living with you.

It is so tragic that he had to leave you so soon and I can fully understand how devastated you and your family are :cry:

Beautiful pics showing what a wonderful character Boots had. They also show how relaxed and happy he was living with you.

It is so tragic that he had to leave you so soon and I can fully understand how devastated you and your family are :cry:

Thankyou Omi :love:

A beautiful tribute to a very special rabbit, he was obviously very much loved.

I'm so sorry he has crossed to the bridge.

Sweet dreams Boots, you will be sadly missed xx

Such a beautiful tribute, Zoobec. I am so very sorry that Boots has gone. He sounds like a fantastic character...my god, that flop! :shock: And not wanting pellets in a bowl...yeah, that sounds a bit familiar. ;)

These wee babies have such huge personalities. They really make a space in our hearts for them, and that's why it hurts so much when they leave. :cry: I wish there were a way to bring him back to you. He was obviously adored and loved beyond measure.
Sending you ((((((Huge hugs))))))), those photos show some wonderful memories. I hope they can bring some comfort to you.

Sleep well, handsome, and watch over your loving family who are missing you so very much. xxxx

http://gratefulness.org/candle/964416-2/

A beautiful tribute to your wonderful boy Zoobec, really lovely. That flop in the tray :love: Beautiful photos too xx

A beautiful tribute for a much loved bunny. I am so sorry Boots has left you too soon - it is very hard to bear. He obviously had a wonderful and happy life with you, I am glad he found you and touched your heart.

Binky free precious Boots x

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Boots' company for longer, he sounds like a wonderful rabbit. I hope you can remember all of the good times together, he clearly loved you very much. xx

A beautiful tribute for an incredibly handsome boy.
I'm so sorry that your time with him was cut short but he had a wonderful and happy life with you. I hope that you can take some comfort in all the fantastic memories that you made with him.
Sweet dreams Boots
Xxx

Like others have said, such a wonderful tribute & beautiful photos of your special boy! I'm so sorry his time was cut short but know he had a wonderful life and sounded like such a cheeky character.

RIP gorgeous Boots, sweet dreams xx

Oh no, I'm so sorry to see this :cry: I was helping at that same summer fayre when you first met Boots. You didn't have long enough with him, but then none of us have long enough with these amazing little animals :cry:

Binky free little Boots xx

Thankyou everyone:love:

poor Dora (Boots Sister) died exactly one month earlier than him, she had to be PTS due to a suspected brain tumour :cry:

All Rabbits are wonderful, but sometimes some of us are blessed to find a Rabbit who is extra special and who will always be 'the one'.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))

RIP Boots xx

All Rabbits are wonderful, but sometimes some of us are blessed to find a Rabbit who is extra special and who will always be 'the one'.

(((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))

RIP Boots xx

Thankyou everyone:love:

Yes, we were so lucky to find him. And we had an amazing time. But it hurts so much when they have to leave :cry: xx

Back