• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Encouraging drinking

I've just seen this. I'm so sorry Elena. You did all you could for her and at least you know if Mark couldn't save her no one could. She's out of pain now. 10 years is a good age but it will never be enough time when we love them so much. Lots of hugs xx

So my theories suck.

She's gone :( she wasn't bouncing back with the fluids and she'd given up. It was clear to see. Mark said the other two had started to bully her a bit as well and he'd had to separate them. They knew. I've had her body with them in case they need it but they've only given her a quick sniff.

She looks so peaceful, she lots like she used to in her deep comfy sleeps :love:

Love to you Elena - I hope you're OK xx

Thank you everyone. I've had some really nice messages from my friends offline as well and Mark's always really kind.

I'm doing ok, though my eyes are sore! Little bit worried about Smudge and Imogen, they're very quiet. They've had a crunchie each but wouldn't come out from under the bed for it. I'm leaving them alone to settle, they're snuggled with each other.

Oh Elena - I'm so, so sorry :cry:. There are no words to heal the hurt right now. Look after yourself xx

Oh Elena, I am so sorry to read of the loss of wee Mini. She was a stunning bun and I, too, loved your photos of her and all the bubs. :cry:
Kidney disease is so cruel. I am tearing up just now because I've lost other pets to it and one pending. Agreed with cpayne...no time seems to be enough when we have these little ones etched on our hearts.

Sending you a huge hug and I hope that Imogen and Smudge will continue to settle and that you all can comfort one another.

Sweet dreams, Mini. Keep an eye on your family, who love you so much and miss you. xxxx

Thank you. :)

I thought I'd share this with you all as it's such a gorgeous card. A friend popped in yesterday with it and some daffs.

06c3abc3ba9a1cc04901de65328016cc.jpg

The other one is from a friend as well. She's nine and was born about two weeks after Mini.

I thought I'd share this with you all as it's such a gorgeous card. A friend popped in yesterday with it and some daffs.

The other one is from a friend as well. She's nine and was born about two weeks after Mini.

How lovely for you xx Hugs. It's so difficult.
I'm glad to hear Imogen and Smudge are doing OK.
So glad they have each other :love:

How thoughtful of your friends :love:

That's so lovely of your friends. I'm glad Smudge and Imogen seem to be coping with the loss of their beautiful friend OK - they have a very caring hooman to see to their every need xxx.

Back