• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Encouraging drinking

Thank you Jane, they haven't suggested any course of medication which kinda surprised me, but I will mention the Fortekor. She's barely moved all night, and only had a few Protexin pellets, she won't eat normal pellets at all. Vets open at 10 so will ring then. I'm supposed to be doing an all day photo job tomorrow :( I only hope she bounces back quickly again once she's on the fluids.

Thank you Jane, they haven't suggested any course of medication which kinda surprised me, but I will mention the Fortekor. She's barely moved all night, and only had a few Protexin pellets, she won't eat normal pellets at all. Vets open at 10 so will ring then. I'm supposed to be doing an all day photo job tomorrow :( I only hope she bounces back quickly again once she's on the fluids.

I expect they will admit her and hopefully aswell as IV fluids they'll run a blood profile again to see if her renal function has deteriorated significantly. That may give a better overall prognosis. I do hope that she can be stabilised xx

Thinking of you both Elena, and sending vibes.

Fluids usually make a bun feel good straight away, and I hope it does in this case :)

Thank you both.

Saw Mark, he admitted her (Smudge and Imogen are with her as well) and was going to start fluids straight away. Don't think he was planning on doing more bloods, she had her VHD 2 booster on Monday and he thinks the stress may have bought it on. He was going to start Fortekor as well.

I'm so glad we were able to see Mark, the other vets are good but it much more reassuring to know he's there today.

Thank you both.

Saw Mark, he admitted her (Smudge and Imogen are with her as well) and was going to start fluids straight away. Don't think he was planning on doing more bloods, she had her VHD 2 booster on Monday and he thinks the stress may have bought it on. He was going to start Fortekor as well.

I'm so glad we were able to see Mark, the other vets are good but it much more reassuring to know he's there today.

A* Veterinary care, great news :)

Sending lots more vibes for her xx

Sending lots more vibes for Mini. I hope she responds quickly to the treatment. I'm pleased you were able to see Mark.

Thank you both.

Welcome :)

I hope the Fortekor and fluids really help her.

Are you coping OK?

Yeah I'm ok thank you :) I feel much better today than I did last night. It's the not knowing what to do, but now she's in good hands at the vets then I've done all I can. Also I was concerned about leaving her all day tomorrow, but Mark wants to keep her in all weekend anyway so she's better off there.

Yeah I'm ok thank you :) I feel much better today than I did last night. It's the not knowing what to do, but now she's in good hands at the vets then I've done all I can. Also I was concerned about leaving her all day tomorrow, but Mark wants to keep her in all weekend anyway so she's better off there.

Good, glad to hear you're OK :)

Have you heard how she's doing yet? Bless her :love:

I haven't had chance today to ring (or catch my breath!) and they haven't rung me. I've had that phone call before with Mischa so I find not hearing is good news! Going to ring tomorrow morning.

I haven't had chance today to ring (or catch my breath!) and they haven't rung me. I've had that phone call before with Mischa so I find not hearing is good news! Going to ring tomorrow morning.

I'm sure you're right, and no news is good news :D

Hopefully Mini will be able to come home today :)

So my theories suck.

She's gone :( she wasn't bouncing back with the fluids and she'd given up. It was clear to see. Mark said the other two had started to bully her a bit as well and he'd had to separate them. They knew. I've had her body with them in case they need it but they've only given her a quick sniff.

She looks so peaceful, she lots like she used to in her deep comfy sleeps :love:

Back