• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lemon tree branches and leaves

Hi to all again !!!
My family is proud owner of our first bunny for a week ...we are very very happy with her ..Deizi . I have read that is good for a rabbit healthy to give her fruit tree branches and because here in Cyprus we have mainly citrus tree and especially lemon trees my question is : can rabbits eat citrus, and especially lemon, tree branches and leaves?
Any help will be grateful !!!
Thank you in advance !!!

Hello :wave: Well this is not something that we often get asked :lol: I'll try to do some research later and get back to you.

Yes they can.
The actual fruit may be too strong as cause tummy upsets, but the branches and leaves are fine from what I researched.

I had to research it before as Phoebe the alcoholic bun stole a gin soaked lemon wedge and sat munching it like it was going out of fashion.

Just make sure the tree isn't treated with pesticides

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Yes they can.
The actual fruit may be too strong as cause tummy upsets, but the branches and leaves are fine from what I researched.

I had to research it before as Phoebe the alcoholic bun stole a gin soaked lemon wedge and sat munching it like it was going out of fashion.

Just make sure the tree isn't treated with pesticides

Yes definitely :)

Some rabbits like their meds given in orange juice, though as DP says, I doubt they will eat lemons :)

The link says iceberg lettuce is poisonous ...... FHB has let her rabbits eat it :lol:

"Death by iceberg!"

Yes, I know, I saw that as well. I'm sure that my rabbits would be fine with iceberg lettuce too. They don't get it as I don't ever buy it for us.

As I think I read somewhere (it might have been on FHB's site), there is a difference between toxic and not particularly beneficial to them. The number of actual toxic plants is quite small.

A lot of "toxic" plants my girls have eaten... They're still alive although I don't encourage them to eat these plants.

Yes, I know, I saw that as well. I'm sure that my rabbits would be fine with iceberg lettuce too. They don't get it as I don't ever buy it for us.

As I think I read somewhere (it might have been on FHB's site), there is a difference between toxic and not particularly beneficial to them. The number of actual toxic plants is quite small.

Yes I could add to that list with yogurt drops, fenugreek crunchies etc etc ... All the junk sold especially for rabbits and guinea pigs

Back