Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Excessively peeing

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    The Vet may suggest running some blood tests and also obtaining a urine sample directly from Teddy's bladder (Cytocentesis)

http://wildpro.twycrosszoo.org/S/00M...sis_Rabbit.htm

It may be a good idea to ask the Vet to clip the fur around Teddy's rear end. This should make keeping him clean and dry a bit easier.
    Thank you, and yes, clipping the fur would possibly help in some respects.

He has really excelled himself peeing this evening .. oh dear

Alpha Buck

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMax View Post
    Hi Cara

I am sorry to hear that Teddy isn't any better. Poor wee lad!

If I were you I would ask the vet to send a specimen off for urinalysis, as I mentioned earlier in the thread. It's the only way to see what's in the urine. Your vet will be able to express the bladder and get a sample - you don't need to collect one

It's worrying when you have to keep washing him. Can you clip the fur right down? It would make it possible to clean him with a wipe of a warm damp flannel maybe?

I guess you could also discuss with your vet the possibility of blood tests. They are expensive, but would indicate any kidney failure. That said, the kidneys have to be fairly far gone before they show up as knackered ... But there are meds he could go on if shown to be that. Unusual that he's had this type of problem recurring for such a long time .....

Has he ever had a blood test in connection with this type of thing before?
    No, no tests previously. All the incidences seemed unrelated and were resolved one way or another but just now it seems very coincidental I just don't know.

Will feed back on Thursday. Thanks ever so to both of you for your replies which are much appreciated

Alpha Buck

Oh just looking at my previous posts .. when I refer to September 15 and 16, I should have made it clear Is the years, 2015/2016 not the 15th and 16th

Quote Originally Posted by cara View Post
    Oh just looking at my previous posts .. when I refer to September 15 and 16, I should have made it clear Is the years, 2015/2016 not the 15th and 16th
    Ah yes. So it's been a few occasions. Bit worrying I must say.

I shall be interested to hear what your vet has to say ........

Vibes for little Teddy

Alpha Buck

Thanks

And of course, he is being treated for EC, another possibility. How long would Panacur take to have an effect in this case?

Alpha Buck

More thoughts and observations ...

So Teddy is producing far less urine in his litter tray but still peeing
    outside of it.

His output in litter his tray is startlingly ridiculous compared to recently. Up until a day or two ago, for ages, I have had to change his giant litter tray twice a day as paper etc was soaked. Tonight it could well have waited until tomorrow morning, but have changed it to check output overnight. I thought that was normal to pee so much?

I am now very confused as to what is normal and if this is an improvement or concerning. I have a very random thought that perhaps he could have had EC and maybe the Panacur is curing it and this is positive but am I in cuckoo land! I am sooooo confused but then a part of me is fearful that he is now not peeing enough?

Vets tomorrow, so hopefully will be more informed.

outside of it.

His output in litter his tray is startlingly ridiculous compared to recently. Up until a day or two ago, for ages, I have had to change his giant litter tray twice a day as paper etc was soaked. Tonight it could well have waited until tomorrow morning, but have changed it to check output overnight. I thought that was normal to pee so much?

I am now very confused as to what is normal and if this is an improvement or concerning. I have a very random thought that perhaps he could have had EC and maybe the Panacur is curing it and this is positive but am I in cuckoo land! I am sooooo confused but then a part of me is fearful that he is now not peeing enough?

Has he changed the amount of fluid he is drinking too?
    For years I had two brothers who looked a lot alike, but they had opposite drinking habits-both lived very long lives.
    Good luck at the vets and perhaps an X-ray can see if there is any sludge or stones that are irritating is bladder.

outside of it.

Hi Cara

I find it totally random with different bunnies as to how much they seem to pee. Some pee a lot even though I never see them drinking very much. Wet veggies will make for moisture

Panacur can indeed have a good effect. Not in all cases. It has been said that the damage from EC, once done, cannot be undone. I haven't found this to be the case, thankfully, so there is always reason for hope

What's the vet intending to do tomorrow, apart from a general check over?

Alpha Buck

Thank you for ALL replies, they are so appreciated

I am not sure about fluid intake. I generally fill his bowl daily and am guessing his consumption is quite normal as I might have noticed otherwise.

I actually thought I would be cancelling his appointment tomorrow as the Baytril would have kicked in and all would be good! So am not sure what the vet will make of it all or what she will propose next.

Primarily, I am struck by his pee output in his litter tray previously, as opposed to his hugely reduced output for the last couple of days. Is this good or bad ... I don't know!

Thank you for ALL replies, they are so appreciated

I am not sure about fluid intake. I generally fill his bowl daily and am guessing his consumption is quite normal as I might have noticed otherwise.

I actually thought I would be cancelling his appointment tomorrow as the Baytril would have kicked in and all would be good! So am not sure what the vet will make of it all or what she will propose next.

Primarily, I am struck by his pee output in his litter tray previously, as opposed to his hugely reduced output for the last couple of days. Is this good or bad ... I don't know!

Good luck tomorrow Cara. I hope your vet has some ingenious suggestions as to how to deal with little Teddy's dilemma xx