• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New shelf and ramp!

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
Finished my project to add a shelf and ramp into the rabbit shed!

First the shelf went in:

gYYT82r.jpg

Then the ramp went in today!

0gjFe8R.jpg

XXPQaX1.jpg

Bit more of the shelf:

NftQRKy.jpg

Winston approves :love:

qiLk2kb.jpg

o90ets4.jpg

Fantastic job!
Why is it that bunnies love shelves and high places (my 2 spend most of their time on tge highest shelf) when they are burrowing animals?!? [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Thanks both :D I'm pleased with how it came out! I had to use a ramp rather than steps as Winston has severe arthritis and is forbidden from jumping on anything but I still wanted a high place to do medication and feed them etc. I prefer having them up the shelf out the way while refilling hay and water etc! And it's nicer to interact with them higher up :)

Now I want to put one up in my 7x5 shed. What size is your shed? I did have plans a couple of years ago for something similar then my gardener stopped coming so it didn't get done. My present gardener is too busy! You've also made it very safe :thumb:

Very cool! Have you made it hinged too?

It is weird how much they like high spaces. Winston certainly looks pleased, it's great he can get up high without having to jump, it's little touches like that I'm sure older buns really appreciate.

I love this! Really nice.

Mine have a 'middle level' which is their favourite. The top level has windows so they can see out - they don't seem to like that as much.

Thanks everyone :D They seem to like it but are quite confused at the moment, I tried to get them up onto it earlier and they just ran around in circles instead :roll: I'm so chuffed that they can see out of the window!

Now I want to put one up in my 7x5 shed. What size is your shed? I did have plans a couple of years ago for something similar then my gardener stopped coming so it didn't get done. My present gardener is too busy! You've also made it very safe :thumb:

My shed is 6 x 4ft, the 4ft part is where the shelf is and the 6ft part where the ramp is. It was nice and easy to do, my stepdad did it for me as he's retired now and he enjoyed the project.

Very cool! Have you made it hinged too?

It is weird how much they like high spaces. Winston certainly looks pleased, it's great he can get up high without having to jump, it's little touches like that I'm sure older buns really appreciate.

Yep it's hinged, the entire little fence part at the front hinges down so I can get in. I can feed them over the top but it'll be handy for medication time and also just for interacting with them :D Winston is actually only 4 bless him, but the ramp is a big relief as he has much less chance of hurting himself now :)

Back