• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie and Lola (Pygmy goat kids) on a cold day

Zoobec

Staff member
Charlie and Lola are growing up fast :D they will be a month old tomorrow. Lola is still smaller than Charlie but she is catching up, and filling out a bit. Charlie is a lot more chunky. Charlie is more interested in food at meal times, whereas Lola just picks at it, and wants to play all the time instaid. She calls out for him to join her if he doesn't :lol:

The shed is heated with a heat lamp, but outside is cold, and they feel the cold, especially Lola, she shivers, but won't go in to warm up because she likes playing too much! After failed attempts trying to make her a coat from the sleeve of jumpers, using a teddy bear coat and a babies quilted gilet I bought from the charity shop, I found dog Christmas jumpers in Aldi. They are a bit short but will do the job of a bit! I do not like dressing animals up but needs must.

Charlie and Lola are growing up fast :D they will be a month old tomorrow. Lola is still smaller than Charlie but she is catching up, and filling out a bit. Charlie is a lot more chunky. Charlie is more interested in food at meal times, whereas Lola just picks at it, and wants to play all the time instaid. She calls out for him to join her if he doesn't :lol:

The shed is heated with a heat lamp, but outside is cold, and they feel the cold, especially Lola, she shivers, but won't go in to warm up because she likes playing too much! After failed attempts trying to make her a coat from the sleeve of jumpers, using a teddy bear coat and a babies quilted gilet I bought from the charity shop, I found dog Christmas jumpers in Aldi. They are a bit short but will do the job of a bit! I do not like dressing animals up but needs must.

how cute & funny :) pink for the girl eh;)

So incredibly cute!
I think dressing up for the animals benefit is different, dressing up for the sake of it I don't like.

Oh I so want a pair of pigmy goats - maybe when we move.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Zoobec they look so ultra cute and cheeky :lol:

how cute & funny :) pink for the girl eh;)

Yes, I, not really into pink myself but it was a bit less Christmassy. Poor Charlie's one is a lot more festive:lol:

So incredibly cute!
I think dressing up for the animals benefit is different, dressing up for the sake of it I don't like.

Oh I so want a pair of pigmy goats - maybe when we move.

They are much warmer with the jumpers on :thumb:

I can recommend goats, but they are very clever, very determined and also can be very destructive. Pumpkin their dad is especially destructive, he seems to like ramming things :shock: they have a little tykes play house, it takes two people to lift but he pushes it around :lol: he's so strong. He might be better behaved now he has been castrated though!

I used to work with a ram called Robbie. Can't remember what breed he was but he had big impressive black horns that curled around. I used to take him for walks on a lead [emoji38]

He then became a right troublemaker and was also incredibly smart. He knew who he could bully into giving him treats he hadn't worked for.

I used to work with a ram called Robbie. Can't remember what breed he was but he had big impressive black horns that curled around. I used to take him for walks on a lead [emoji38]

He then became a right troublemaker and was also incredibly smart. He knew who he could bully into giving him treats he hadn't worked for.

Robbie the ram sounds lovely:love: Pumpkin is actually very good on a lead :thumb:

Back