• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor set ups

Henry_Dixie

Young Bun
I've just moved house and sold my brilliant aviary as I couldn't bring it with me! :(

I'm now struggling to come up with ideas for outdoor enclosures. I was thinking of maybe a pickett fence run with a Wendy house to house them in? I'm not keen on double tier hutches with attached runs but money is quite tight!

I'd love to see your outdoor set ups to give me inspiration.

Starting from scratch is quite an exciting prospect, I know I would change my set-up if I could.
It might help us to know what size of space you have available, patio, garden and what sort of boundary fences. I would love mine to run free but there are too many local hunting moggies and birds of prey that bother me.

What about a small shed with attached run? Trouble with picket fences is they allow cats etc as CrispyClaret says. I lost one of mine a few years ago as she got bitten by a cat. Too risky unless you're outside with them, but then they get shut up the rest of the time. I had a patio built, got a shed built (large but I'm using half for gardening) and having a run made by Boyles (£500, but wanted a 6ft sloping down with a solid roof). Its cost a bit but hopefully will last a while and I could dismantle it if we move. Sheds are quite cheap and you could also look on freecycle. Where about are you located?

Back