• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Regular gas issues for Dwarf bun

Haha. Good to see other buns are practising the please feed me routine.
Mine are currently looking mightily un impressed. ( I swear they look grumpy) they don't like Fridays cos it's my day off so there's a lot of cleaning going on and I'm disturbing their peace!

Haha. Good to see other buns are practising the please feed me routine.
Mine are currently looking mightily un impressed. ( I swear they look grumpy) they don't like Fridays cos it's my day off so there's a lot of cleaning going on and I'm disturbing their peace!

I had a laugh just now ... OH got a phone call and rushed to find pen and paper. He ended up resting on the hearth with the phone tucked under his chin. If it had been a video phone the caller would've seen three little noses appear as they rushed over to see what he was doing. And of course if it involved any food for them! (well he was down at their level - what did he expect!).

He (and I) could hardly keep ourselves from laughing :lol:

When my rabbits have eaten their pellets/Muesli they then go into their litter tray to carry on eating their hay. And a lot have a drink. :)

Haha. Well they didn't want to miss a food opportunity did they? Our buns think if we are eating, then they should be able to try it too! We've nearly lost a chip when we've not been paying close attention.

Yes mine do like a good drink after a hay munching session

Mervinius. I also hope that all is fine. Rabbits with tummy problems can be such a worry.

I need to correct some misinformation & apologise to both you & Tonibun.
When I said that 45 Grams was about right for a small rabbit I was terribly wrong - kitchen scales weren't working, I did a major woopsie, & was thinking in milligrams so I was out by a factor of 1000. :oops::oops::oops:
I feed my buns both are about 4 kilo 1-2 SS pellets per kilo.
My sincere apologies for misleading you.

Hoping everything is fine with you! :wave:
Hello. Yes all is good here.

Archie and Pip are both doing well. Lots more hay eating and of course lots more poops! (Going to start fertilising the hedge with them all. Teehee)

They both tried a new bag of mixed dried forage this week. Which was extremely popular! And they are both mega excited when the new pile of hay arrives... they are like puppies jumping up at us.

They both have lots of energy but are spending more time foraging in the hay rather than being destructive. So this is good. They are down to 30g of pellets today and I have noticed they have stopped lying down after eating their pellets. They don't look "stuffed" anymore.

Also most excitingly Pip only did a tiny bit of fur pulling under her chin at the start of Feb and has been fine since which is a huge improvement. She normally pulls it out till she's bald! I'm hoping there will be no further pulling this month. So fingers crossed.

X

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mervinius. I also hope that all is fine. Rabbits with tummy problems can be such a worry.

I need to correct some misinformation & apologise to both you & Tonibun.
When I said that 45 Grams was about right for a small rabbit I was terribly wrong - kitchen scales weren't working, I did a major woopsie, & was thinking in milligrams so I was out by a factor of 1000. :oops::oops::oops:
I feed my buns both are about 4 kilo 1-2 SS pellets per kilo.
My sincere apologies for misleading you.
Don't worry I don't remember you saying that. :)

Lovely up-date! Well done!
Thanks. It's all thanks to everyone's great advice on here. Me and the buns would like to thank you all.

48bfb4cac5cadfc3a6cb249891f81367.jpg

992b1f1d6759a6ab58d04559b0853c81.jpg

Back