• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi

lobsyQ

New Kit
I rescued this rabbit from a guy who used to breed and show rabbits. He couldn't show him because he has a half moustache. I say rescued because in my opinion he had them in cramped conditions. Thankfully he doesn't breed them any more. We've had him for about 18 months and although he lives alone we spend as much time with him as we can and i like to think he's a happy little rabbit!
d6f9e594e47a462a53ab14445659427b.jpg
6b8635eaa31bef9665cbd3320da2f15c.jpg

Looking forward to getting lots of tips and advice to keep him as happy as possible.

I rescued this rabbit from a guy who used to breed and show rabbits. He couldn't show him because he has a half moustache. I say rescued because in my opinion he had them in cramped conditions. Thankfully he doesn't breed them any more. We've had him for about 18 months and although he lives alone we spend as much time with him as we can and i like to think he's a happy little rabbit!

Looking forward to getting lots of tips and advice to keep him as happy as possible.

Hi there and welcome to the Forum :wave:

Hi, and welcome to the forum :wave: He is gorgeous :love: I'm so glad you rescued him :thumb: I hope you don't mind me saying :oops: but chicken wire is not recommended for use in rabbit runs/hutches, as they can bite through it and so can predators such as foxes or dogs. Weldmesh is much stronger - 16 or 19guage is best :thumb:

Of course I don't mind. That's the kind of advice I'm here for. The chicken wire is just for when he's out in the garden. He's safe in the hutch at night and when we're not home. The strange thing is, he's never shown any interest in escaping. Even when he's had a chance he's shown no interest! Hopefully that means he's happy where he is😆

howdy_zpsckdqgpfs.gif
&
welcome2-1_zpsc2zsdhld.gif
What a gorgeous Dutchie. :love:

I wouldn't personally risk having him in the garden if all he has to protect him is chicken wire... He may not try to escape but if a bird of prey takes a liking, you never know what may happen.

Hi gemma, thanks for the warm welcome
I'm not too worried about birds of prey, when he's not playing with his football he hides under a table or in his pipe. I'm more worried about stoats and weasels and the like. But to be honest (and i hope i don't upset anyone) I'd rather take the risk and let him run around than have him in his hutch all the time. I love seeing the wee guy jump and skip around enjoying his freedom😊

Back